Phone appears to lock up/repetitive text msgs

Jtucker

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
In the past week in the afternoon my phone has not completed calls in or out. A call into my phone may ring only once on the callers end. I usually hear nothing but a couple of times I've heard a partial ring. When I attempt to make a call nothing happens. Doesn't matter how many bars. Then adding insult to injury I received 24 of the same text message yesterday with a new notification each time. I rushed to the At&t store in the midst of the situation and they merely reset my phone and sent me on my way. Any ideas? Is this a network or other problem that I should just live with? Is it my punishment for keeping my iPhone constantly cradled in the palm of my hand?

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Seems like a network issue, but who knows? :)

I would have first tried the reset that they did, hold the power & home button until the phone turns off and the boot logo comes back on.

Then, I would try to do a restore as new.

After that, I would have at&t replace the sim card with a new one.

Finally, if none of those things worked, I would go to Apple and try to get a new iPhone.

Jtucker

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks much. Logical steps for sure. Didn't encounter it today so keeping fingers crossed. My son just did the most recent update and has encountered a similar problem. We'll see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR