from Sprint to AT&T

nursgirl#IM

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
So I am going down to the AT&T store today to get myself an iPhone... I currently have a Sprint BB Curve... do I cancel my service with Sprint first or just go to AT&T and get # ported over to them and then call Sprint and cancel? Does it even matter?? I want to make sure I can port my old phone# over to AT&T...

I have been with Sprint forever and didn't know if the account is still active if I can port my #.... thanks for any input...

nursgirl#IM

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
cool thanks!!! wow they make it so easy to switch haha... I am gonna see if I can work it so I don't have to pay activation fee.. if I tell em I am willing to become an ATT customer for the iPhone and pay the larger monthly bill to do it but I don't want to pay activation fee... LOL. We'll see... I am usually pretty good at working it hehe

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Your talking about att here, they will get all the money out of you they can lol. Good luck though, let me know how it works out.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
You Can Still Get Out On SPRINT!!!!!!

I came from Sprint and I had to pay the ETF fee, but they lost a lawsuit and I will eventually get $90.00 bucks back which is pretty good.

There is way for you to get out home free though. (I'm not sure if we are allowed to post links but I'll give it a try, sorry if we're not allowed.) This is a post from Boy Genius about Sprint extending its ETF-free cancellation date.:

Sprint ETF-free cancellations extended through March 15 : Boy Genius Report

Hurry up and take advantage of it though, you have until March 15th, 2009!!

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I came from Sprint and I had to pay the ETF fee, but they lost a lawsuit and I will eventually get $90.00 bucks back which is pretty good.

There is way for you to get out home free though. (I'm not sure if we are allowed to post links but I'll give it a try, sorry if we're not allowed.) This is a post from Boy Genius about Sprint extending its ETF-free cancellation date.:

Sprint ETF-free cancellations extended through March 15 : Boy Genius Report

Hurry up and take advantage of it though, you have until March 15th, 2009!!

Hope this helps.

I told 3 of my friends who were on Sprint about this and they all left in a heartbeat. There is nothing Sprint can do about it. Works every time.

nursgirl#IM

Feb 22, 2009
Visit site
hmmm do you have to talk to them before you sign up at AT&T though? When I went to ATT they told me that by porting my # over it automatically cancelled my Sprint contract.... am I too late?

Oh yeah, and I have to add that I LOVE MY iPHONE!!!! OMG it is SO much easier to use and so much faster than my BB was (altho I still love Blackberries too LOL). I used it while studying last night at Starbucks on 3G cuz I forgot to go WiFi and it was fabulous!! I was able to look up great articles very quickly with Google and the pages load fast... also I love the browser, so much more user-friendly!!!! Oh and I am loving all the apps!!!!!!!
Thanks guys for answering all my questions and encouraging me to make the switch! ;)

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
hmmm do you have to talk to them before you sign up at AT&T though? When I went to ATT they told me that by porting my # over it automatically cancelled my Sprint contract.... am I too late?

Sad to say but yes, you seem to be too late. If you were to call them ahead of time they would have put notations in your account notes that the fee would be waived. I mean you could try calling them before they send you the bill to see if you get someone who is having a good day...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal