Does anybody that had a blackberry before miss the red light indicator that blinked when you had a message and such?
    02-21-2009 01:35 PM
    Does anybody that had a blackberry before miss the red light indicator that blinked when you had a message and such?
    I have a Blackberry now along with the iPhone and it really does not matter that much to me. I guess it may be a big deal if my phones left my side - but that is something that never happens. Well maybe occasionally...
    02-21-2009 01:43 PM
    I had a BB briefly and really did enjoy that. At work I keep the volume on my Iphone at a low setting so I often miss the sound of a new email or text arrival. It is nice to just peek to see if the red light is blinking.
    02-21-2009 01:49 PM
    I had a BB briefly and really did enjoy that. At work I keep the volume on my Iphone at a low setting so I often miss the sound of a new email or text arrival. It is nice to just peek to see if the red light is blinking.
    I am also in situations a lot where I will miss an alert from my phone... The little red light was nice, but I will not loose much sleep over it.
    02-21-2009 01:51 PM
    Sounds more addicting and non-productive than anything else. While I never owned a BB I have never felt the need to know exactly when every single message comes in. Guess that's all part of the crack.
    02-21-2009 02:26 PM
    I miss the status light. Also the sleep magnet.
    02-21-2009 02:41 PM
    yes...i miss the status light...I do love my new iphone...but having that status light freed me up a bit.
    12-28-2010 02:16 AM
    I had a BB for several years and it was more of an addiction always looking to see if the light was blinking lol as if a smartphone itself isn't addicting enough lol so I don't miss it really, would be kinda nice if the iphone had one, but i don't think it'll ever happen, i don't apple will ever copy the BB but you never know lol
    12-28-2010 10:03 AM
    a lot of android phones have it to.

The best case i see, is Apple adding the notifications to the lock screen so all you have to do is tap the sleep/wake button, see the notifcation you want, tap it and be brought right to the deal. (ie; missed call. Tap that miss call and be brought to the phone app with the number already typed, so all you need to do is hit the call button.
    12-28-2010 10:08 AM
    I had a blackberry for 3 years and when I made the switch to an iphone I thought the red light would be one of the things I really missed. Turns out I haven't missed it at all.
    12-28-2010 10:09 AM
    I missed the red light at first, but then I realized the phone was controlling me. I would rather look to see If i have a notification when it's convenient for me. I have the lockscreen hack after jailbreaking, so I can just look at the lock screen and see calls, messages, emails, app notifications, the weather, and more. I can open the corresponding notification from the lockscreen too. Without this I would definitely be annoyed to have to unlock the phone everytime you want to see if there's something new, but I don't miss the light demanding I look.
    12-28-2010 10:18 AM
    I check my iPhone frequently, so I don't need an indicator light.
    12-28-2010 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD