Help for dead 3G pixel..

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The worst is exchanging out a device for one that has more dead pixels or a bigger issue. Happened to me with the original iPhone. I had 8 of them. Yeah, I said 8. Luckily for me the 3G was perfect on day one. I got so fed up with going into the store that I started calling and complaining. Apple then upgraded me to a 16 gig for free and got that only to have a blazing red stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen.... had them send another and that was actually fine. It's now unlocked and on the Tmobile network in my girlfriends hands. And if it can take that punishment - it's rock solid. ;) (She could care less about taking care of a phone - not her thing)

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
I would return it. I returned mine after a week for the light leak issue - :p

The one they gave me has the same issue, just haven't had a chance to go and get another one. So that would be my third. If it happens again I am going to call and complain but I already have the 16GB one. Maybe they will give me a white one - :p

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Forgive me for being a newbie about certain things regarding the iPhone, but what exactly does a deal pixel look like?

Just white dots in random parts or do the icons look dimmed? Tried googling for pictures but didn't find much.