2 iphones (2G) 1 SIM: can I swap between them?

Mad-dog-one

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to the site. I have had a 2G iphone for about a year and just got a bargain on a used 2G iphone. Neither phone has any hardware or software mods and both are running firmware 2.2.1. AT&T told me that either phone would work with my current SIM, although this has not worked. I get a message of no SIM and the default icons on the second phone before putting in the SIM. When I put my working SIM in the second phone, the display reverts to an image of a USB plug or the option of emergency calls. I have connected the second phone with my working SIM to my computer and logged onto itunes, although I receive a warning that my account will be reset if I continue the installation. Has anyone had success using one legal SIM in a second 2G iphone? AT&T says it is legal and won't reset my account, but the itune menu warns that it will reset my account to a new 2-year contract.

Thank you

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You can jailbreak/activate the other phone. Then pop in the sim and it will work perfectly fine without you having to activate it via iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2