Sync and Applications ???

jkbeckman

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have about 60 apps downloaded and added to my iTunes Library. What seems to be happening is when I connect to sync, all the app in my Library are selected even when I have the selected apps option checked. So every time I sync, I have to uncheck all the apps that I dont want to sync and then sync. This is getting to be alot of work. All other sync functions (music, video etc) works fine.

After the sync, shut down or attempt to sync again at some future time, again all the apps again are selected where that option is not selected.

Any idea on a setting that I'm missing?

Thanks

manxy1pper

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Sync and Applications

Once you have sync'd you apps to your iphone/itouch you don't need to uncheck them when syncing your unit each time. If you add new apps, music, etc to itunes since your last sync, itunes will only update what's been added since your last sync. When you plug your iphone/itouch into itunes it will come up with the "summary" page and if you under options 'Sync only checked songs and videos' then when you go into the relevant tabs and sync it will only update what's new (i.e since your last sync). leave everything 'ticked' or tick everything and itunes will only update new apps, etc

Also if you have an iphone, don't install/add cydia or installer.app as they are ok but take up too much memory and slow your phone down.

jkbeckman

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
As post above explains what should happen, it wasn't.

I found the issue came from my charging the phone on another PC. This automatically opened iTunes and must have changed something to the presets. Did nothing to sync on other system. Just showing up in iTunes causes the issue.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
As post above explains what should happen, it wasn't.

I found the issue came from my charging the phone on another PC. This automatically opened iTunes and must have changed something to the presets. Did nothing to sync on other system. Just showing up in iTunes causes the issue.

Simply charging your phone on another computer should not have any effects with syncing on your regular computer. I do it all the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73