Outlook problems

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I use Outlook web access at the school I work for, and last night, in order to sync my contacts from my BB to my iphone I activated my computers on board Outlook. Now when I use my classroom computer and access outlook express all of my emails are gone as soon as I look at them, or if they are viewed on my home computer.... Any ideas? :confused:

Last edited:

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
If you use POP3 to connect to your exchange server then they will be downloaded off the server by whatever email client. You need to use IMAP which leaves the messages on the server or set your POP3 Outlook Express to leave messages on the server in the options.

If you aren't use POP3 let us know so we can try to figure something else out.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
If you use POP3 to connect to your exchange server then they will be downloaded off the server by whatever email client. You need to use IMAP which leaves the messages on the server or set your POP3 Outlook Express to leave messages on the server in the options.

If you aren't use POP3 let us know so we can try to figure something else out.

Yeah, My IT guy was telling me that... WHOOPS! Can I change the account to a IMAP account? I ended up just deleted my account out of Outlook in a final act of desperation... I am using 2007 by the way.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
As long as your IT dept. has setup IMAP on the server you can set that up in Outlook.

Also, not sure if you still have the download POP3 emails saved somewhere, but you can use IMAP to copy them back to the server so then they will be available on the phone and other computers again.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
As long as your IT dept. has setup IMAP on the server you can set that up in Outlook.

Also, not sure if you still have the download POP3 emails saved somewhere, but you can use IMAP to copy them back to the server so then they will be available on the phone and other computers again.

How can you do that?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
The way I've done it is have my PST file as just a local data file and then when I after you setup the IMAP it will setup a new PST and then you can drag and drop files from the local data PST to the IMAP.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the errant question here, but can you help me figure out why I cannot access my gmail account on my phone? Bad Ash was helping me but he ran out of thoughts.

Our thread is right below this one... thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234