Does iPhone brightness affect battery life?

wingen

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I was just wondering if the iPhone brightness level affects battery life drainage. My guess is that it would but do you guys know how much?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, it does. Probably a noticeable amount if you are playing a game for 30 mins straight or something, but just checking your phone everyone once in a while probably not a big deal.

I try to keep mine about 50-60% brightness which seems fine and you get used to it after a while and doesn't seem dim. I only turn it to max if I'm outside and it's really sunny.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep mine on 100% brightness all the time, I don't care. I want a sharp bright picture. But, yes, it will certainly drain your battery faster.

RobertG

Dec 16, 2008
Visit site
Amazingly. I have tried many brightness settings and the battery drain is minimal. I am using memory program from itunes that gives battery info.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I keep brightness at 50%. However when I watch movies, I bring it down to around 15%. It really makes a difference in battery life.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I charging my iPhone every day. Does that will make the battery life shorter?

Does that will? :confused:

Apple recommends you drain your iPhone at least once a month. This recalibrates the charge measuring circuit, which "learns" battery capacity.

For most people this happens in the normal course of use.

It won't hurt your battery to top if off before its empty.

In general, with the battery technology used in the iPhone, maintaining your battery at full charge (always on a dock) is not good for it. The battery likes to be exercised.

Battery service life will be reduced when batteries are charged to the maximum. I'm sure Apple sets the cutoff charge at a reasonably conservative level, but never the less, if you always charge till the Plug Symbol shows full charge, you reduce over-all life span to gain very little run time.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries

sil3ntrid3r11

Feb 20, 2009
www.youtube.com
Yeah, having the brightness all the way up will for sure affect the battery. I usually keep mine just below 50% so around 45% with "auto-brightness" on. With that my battery lasts all day with minimal decreases.

Just experiment with yours and see how it effects your battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2