Does iPhone brightness affect battery life?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Well.. had a change of heart and moved it down to 35-40%

Going to deal with it if it gives me a better battery life.. although the battery has not been as bad as most non-iPhone users make it out to be

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well.. had a change of heart and moved it down to 35-40%

Going to deal with it if it gives me a better battery life.. although the battery has not been as bad as most non-iPhone users make it out to be

*Most* of the people who spend time on the Crackberry forums are very biased if you haven't noticed. Even some that claim to like the iPhone! :rolleyes:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
*Most* of the people who spend time on the Crackberry forums are very biased if you haven't noticed. Even some that claim to like the iPhone! :rolleyes:

Yeah.. I've been spending a lot more time over here ever since my iPhone arrived.

And I moved the battery down to 30-35 and decided to just live with it but if I don't notice a significant difference in the battery I'll probably bump it back up to about 50%

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Wow...I normally keep my brightness to ~10%. Years of viewing my WinMo phone at that level makes even ~25% seem bright!

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
Yeah.. I've been spending a lot more time over here ever since my iPhone arrived.

And I moved the battery down to 30-35 and decided to just live with it but if I don't notice a significant difference in the battery I'll probably bump it back up to about 50%

So, any conclusions with the experiment yet?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I keep mine at 40% with auto-brightness so that it adjusts automatically when I go outside, and that works very well for me. I am a person who likes to play with my phone all day and just today I made it through an 8 hour outing with my friends and got home with 50% battery left. :)

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I put mine in the 75-80% range. AutoBrightness is off. I will not sacrifice all day long picture quality for 30min-1hr extra of battery life.:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro