keypad not responding when trying to dial a number

sushi#IM

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi there I have a problem with my iphone 3G which is jailbroken and I've been scouring the web trying to find a solution to no avail.

Whenever I try and open up the keypad to dial a number that isn't already in my contacts it doesn't respond and closes back down to the home screen after a couple of seconds, obviously this means I can't access recent calls lists etc. The keypad is fine otherwise and I can even enter numbers when creating a new contact - so my phone is usable its just a bit of a pain as I can't top up my phone credit without sticking the sim into my old phone.

I thought about restoring the phone with itunes but it says that it will update to the latest version of the iphone software 2.2.1 in the process and from what I've read, this isn't a good thing for a jailbroken iphone. I ended up with a useless phone for a couple of weeks when apple released their 2.2 update just after christmas so I am really quite worried about updating with itunes - to the entent where I haven't added any music or videos since!!!

I managed to sort this out with yellowsn0w which meant that I didnt have use my tornado sim anymore. yellowsn0w has updated a couple of times via cydia and I'm fairly sure it was after one of these updates that the problem first appeared - is there a way to roll back to an older version of yellowsn0w?

well I guess it would help you guys if I added my phone info;

Iphone 3G 16GB
version 2.2 (5G77)
baseband 02.28.00
yellowsn0w 0.98

thanks in advance :)

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am assuming you JB your phone recently?

If yes, then the dialer freezing issue is caused by few apps from Installer. I faced the same issue and I ended up restoring and re-JB without selecting Installer. If you would like to keep Installer, the Apps that you need to remove are:

- Kate
- Mobile Enhancer
- RIP DEV Preferences

Just go to Installer and remove those and restart your iPhone, the freezing and crashing should stop.

As of upgrading to 2.2.1 for JB purposes, it's 100% jailbreak-able and it works well. But I am not 100% sure regarding yell0wsnow. (I don't unlock, I only JB - sorry)

Hope this was helpful :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711