can't use internet but can call people HELP!!

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i have an iphone 3g with Att and im in a weird situation. I can call people but i cant access the safari or any internet related apps. the top of the iphone shows full bars and the 3g logo and also i have the $30 data plan. i talked to an att rep on the phone, and after an hour of going to methods of troubleshooting, she told me to go an att store and i will probably have to send my iphone in. when i go to the safari it tells me "safari is not connected to the internet" or "Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service". i would appreciate any help because i am jailbroken so if i want to take it to the store i would have to restore it.

thanks again,please help

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well I'd say your best bet is to restore as a new iPhone and see what happens... that's the first thing I would do considering the issue you are having.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Is this a problem just in one area or does it happen wherever you go?

I had this problem off and on during the summer at my house, everywhere else I went was fine. I would get the same error messages you are receiving. I would show full bars and the data symbol but I couldn't connect. It would just spin and eventually hang, then I'd get the error message. Once in a while the data symbol would disappear. I was having trouble with the edge connection, as the 3G signal was very weak and I couldn't stay connected to it.

I tried a new sim card, they restored my iPhone as new at the Apple store to make sure I had non-corrupted OS update, I reset my network settings, cycled off and on the different bands & airplane mode, I turned off 3G and tried only to use edge, received "phone updates" :) from AT&T technicians. Apple did give me a new phone to try but it had the same problem.

The most frustrating part for me was that I had uninterrupted data signal for (3) weeks after I got my iPhone and then the data problem started. Nobody at at&t or Apple could understand or tell me why it just stopped. Then we had a wind storm that knocked out service and when it was fixed it the next day, I had my data back.

I was pretty sure it was an at&t network issue, maybe a bad tower, but I was one day from going to the at&t store to get a BB Bold to see if it experienced the same data problems at my house. If you get a new iPhone and it doesn't work, call at&t and see if they can send a technician out to your area to inspect the towers or find the cause of the data signal issues.

Keep us updated if the new iPhone fixes the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner