i have a 3g that my app store icon disappeared on so i went to ATT and they swapped it out, well when i updated it on my laptop the app store disappeared again, does anyone know how to reinstall the app store?, the guys at ATT never saw anything like this before. i have the newest version of iTunes and iPhone software to no avail.
    02-12-2009 01:23 PM
    Were you jailbroken? If you were, there is the ability to hide an app icon on the homescreen. If you hide the icon and then restored the iPhone from a backup where it is hidden, then it will be hidden on your new phone.
    02-12-2009 01:26 PM
    If you are not jailbroken, maybe it's on a page all by itself? I know sometimes people accidentally move icons to another page and then think the icon is gone.
    02-12-2009 01:29 PM
    it was not jail broken and it is not on another page,more ideas?
    02-12-2009 02:17 PM
    Try a full restore from your computer and see if it comes up before you sync.
    02-12-2009 02:40 PM
    I'd call an Apple Store genius or use the online Apple support. It doesn't make sense if you have the latest Itunes and a new 3G Iphone with two different models doing the same thing AFTER you sync them with Itunes, correct? Do you use a pc or a MAC?

Very frustrating I'm sure. Good luck!
    02-12-2009 06:20 PM
    i have a pc for now, i guess i'll have to go to the apple store and see if they have ever seen this before, i'd rather talk to a human first you know? thanks anyway.
    02-13-2009 05:15 PM
    i tried that also, did'nt work, i cant believe i cant just go on safari and just download it again. aaaarrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh
    02-13-2009 05:17 PM
    Can you uninstall Itunes, reboot your pc, then reinstall it?
    02-13-2009 06:47 PM
    i'm afraid if i uninstall itunes that i will lose everything? (previous apps bought, notes contacts etc)
    02-14-2009 03:35 PM
    Can anyone else help out here?
    I would hope there would be a selection to make when starting up a newly downloaded Itunes to chose to sync everything FROM your Iphone to the computer so you don't lose data. Also, any purchases made through Itunes will be under your Itunes account so you should be able to reload them. Did you ever call an Apple genius to see if they can shed some light? Or if all else fails are you still within your 30 days to exchange the iphone? If it happens again to a 3rd phone I'd definitely think it is your computer where the problem originates.
    02-14-2009 05:02 PM
    Have you been playing around with Settings/General/Restrictions? If Restrictions are enabled the Apps or functions listed need to be turned "On" to show up in the touch's displays. If they are "Off" they will be removed from the menus.
    08-22-2009 04:03 AM
    You could backup your Iphone, connect it to your computer and right click the Iphone in Itunes and click backup. Then after it is backed up sync with a friend's computer which would wipe everything off the phone. See if the appstore comes back and then sync with your computer which should put everything back onto your phone and see if the App store disappears. Then you know there is a problem with the setup on your computer.
    08-22-2009 08:53 AM
    All you need to do is to reset your ipod touch or iphone settings that should do the trick remember dont restore just reset ipod touch or iphone setting

-Gaege B.
    11-16-2009 11:14 PM
    I lost all my applications suddenly. I did not find what is the problem. Do I need to download them all? How can I get them? Someone please help.
    11-17-2009 04:10 PM
    You've probably restricted it under Settings > General > Restrictions
    walterr5 likes this.
    11-17-2009 05:01 PM
    try settings>general>restrictions and see if it is active. If yes, check if Installing apps or delete apps is active. If yes, inactive them and your app store will reappear.
    02-17-2011 12:37 AM
    Thank You!Walter
    You saved me $20-70,which is what Apple would've charged me for what you suggested.
    Thanks Alot
    Angela
    08-08-2013 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD