Is there a way to recover deleted text messages

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nope, there is no way to recover deleted text messages. Unless you were using a sync program like Missing Sync. Which is a Mac application.

AledMelody

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea what would've caused it, and I doubt there is anyway of getting them back (unless you made a semi-recent nandroid backup). This is actually the first time I have heard of this on these forums. Unfortunately, with text messages, Android is designed to allow other applications to access them (so you can use 3rd-party messaging apps to recover your android phone number). This could mean it could be an app that accidentally deleted them, not necessarily Android.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If you've been doing daily iCloud backups your Text messages are automatically backed up to the cloud

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

christyanp

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi Kataran,
I have not done daily iCloud backups, but I have done some. How would I go about trying to recover the accidentally deleted texts please?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Kataran,
I have not done daily iCloud backups, but I have done some. How would I go about trying to recover the accidentally deleted texts please?

Restore your device using the backups you have in the cloud and see if there in there

Do you believe your random back ups contain your lost text messages?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2