Battery Life

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Think I might sell my 3G juice pack and go with the less powerful but slimmer juice pack air, but that thing will probably come out after I've moved on to a 3rd gen iPhone so maybe I won't buy the air :)

DVDBob

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
My theory on the whole battery issue - when you first get your iPhone, you'll be doing a lot of exploring and playing. Battery life will suck. As you start to build a habit as to how many times you check mail, how many txts you send, how long you keep your screen on, etc., you'll start to see improved battery life.

For me, the first month or so, I would barely have a charge by the time I got home at night. Now adays, I have 3 push accounts, pulls every 10 mins, BT and Wi-Fi always on, and am only half-full by the end of the day. Still do about as much surfing and emailing as I used to, but play fewer games and show-off fewer apps to friends and co-workers. :)

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Proper battery care

Is it alright if I leave my phone plugged in over night? I have read a few places that you should unplug your iphone when it is done charging but if I plug my phone in before I go to bed I'm not gonna wake up a few hours into the night to unplug it...:rolleyes:

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
Is it alright if I leave my phone plugged in over night? I have read a few places that you should unplug your iphone when it is done charging but if I plug my phone in before I go to bed I'm not gonna wake up a few hours into the night to unplug it...:rolleyes:

I have been doing that with mine since I got it. I don't see why it would hurt it.

jeremykyle

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone makes it from 8a.m. to about 11p.m. every day. I do random browsing to check my blogs and websites, almost constant text messaging, 4 to 5 20 minute phone calls, and then music as well. I don't have any battery issues.

PocketAces21

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep 3G, GPS, and WiFi off normally, only turning them on when I need to. I average about 2.5 days between charges, often reaching 3 if I don't game too much.

Qaid_Ali

Dec 31, 2008
Visit site
I use my phone for email and I listen to my iPod on my phone as well. I have to charge it ever night, that doesn't bother me. Talking on the phone, I can do that all day and the batter life is excellent for that.

rareapps

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm really hoping the battery is a focus of the 3.0 updates - as well as the next round of hardware. I'm lucky to make it 8 hours and its all sorts of frustrating - especially since you can't replace the battery.

How are some people getting 2 days?! This must be with very low use.

Duncan38

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Hiya

I am enjoying my IPhone but the battery life is the pits. I turned off Push, I am not around wi-fi so thats off. The one that is a surprise is 3G. if its IPhone 3G why would you turn of the 3G if that the big thing about the phone. One thing I found works you can charge the phone and listen to the IPod at same time and it still charges the phone to a full charge. So you can listen to IPod through the speakers if you have it pluged in by your desk or on bookshelf

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I believe it is the backlight on the screen, myself. As the last post says that he lowered the brightness to 30%, should see great battery life.

I have had numerous PDA type phones in the past few years, and they all had the same major problems with battery life, the screen. You turn it on to check mail, to answer the phone, to play music, watch videos etc. Every time the screen is turned on, battery drain.

My worst culprits were a Treo 750 and a AT&T Tilt, both had major battery issues, and everyone pinned it on 3G, not so. It had to do with the issues listed above. If they were in my pocket all day and not used, or on my desk all day, the battery would barely budge off of full.

As for the iPhone, though, the user interface and apps make it a magnet for people to turn on and play with. Not that that is a bad thing, but the batteries in these devices weren't made to withstand a constant draw of power without being tethered to an AC outlet.

Think about laptops, when running on battery power, the monitor is usually the first device to turn off, as it is a big draw on the power, that is, unless it is an LED backlit OLED. :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods