My worst fears came true. I got rid of my iphone 6 months ago in part due to they infuriating backspace bug. Today I discovered apple still hasn't fixed this issue with the updated OS. I am using the latest software and I am not jailbroken. From what the uses say on the other forums they cant apply a rhyme or reason why this happens. Many users report that sometimes when they tap the backspace button the keyboard phone becomes unresponsive and continuously deletes some or all of their text.

Sometimes it happens from just 1 press of the back space button and sometimes it seems to happen if you hit the button a few times. It begins deleting text and stops when it wants to. It may coincidentally stop while you frantically press keys, the screen or home button but there is no way to stop it. I have tried everything.

Is there anyone here who has more info on this? I searched these boards but no one had an answer.

Sticking backspace (delete) key. - Mac Forums
    Apple - Support - Discussions - Why is my iPhone is slow, laggy, ...
    Strange: Backspace "key" sometimes "sticks" on my new iPhone 3G - Mac Forums
    iPhone Backspace key gets Stuck On, Apple Ignores Bugs Bruces Journal
    http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ol-iphone.html
    Sticky backspace key on iPhone 3G - Brighthand.com Smartphone and PDA Discussion Forums
    Backspace Key Gone Wild! - iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums
    Fluther: Hey look! Another iPhone question!
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02-06-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    02-06-2009 10:08 PM
    Hmmm. I had never even heard of this happening. It's never happened to me before. It must be frustrating. I'm sorry
    02-07-2009 01:37 AM
    More than likely a memory issue. It has happened to me in the past when too many things are going on at once. It's a good idea to reset the phone every once in a while like other smartphones. Can't hurt.
    02-07-2009 08:16 AM
    More than likely a memory issue. It has happened to me in the past when too many things are going on at once. It's a good idea to reset the phone every once in a while like other smartphones. Can't hurt.
    I reset first thing in the morning. Nothing quite like a fresh start to the day!
    02-07-2009 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD