Phone States "Insert Sim Card" emergency phone calls only

geemico

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I bought a jailbroken unlocked iphone from ebay the phone worked fine for the 4 days i had it... When i decided to sell the phone i went in and reset the phone through the settings option, when it finished the phone just said Insert Sim Card and would not let me do anything other than make emergency calls.... any suggestions?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
In order to access the phone, you will need to either jailbreak it via Pwnage Tool or use an accepted SIM card to activate the phone.

geemico

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Well when i have the sim in it, and someone texts me it pops up the message i just can't get out of the emergency calls only screen. I also tried to restore the phonein dfu mode and in recovery mode, both said successful, but still stuck in that screen?

geemico

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I have an att sim card - just like the phone and yes i tried activating it through Itunes. It just says can not activate at this time and to call customer care. I tried about 5 times, called att and they ended up calling apple and everything they did did not work either.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm...you might try taking it to an apple store to see if they will either activate it for you or exchange it for a new one.

luisln01

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Help!

I have the same problem. I've reset the phone so many times already, but it still stuck on that same screen. Have you found anything out?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2