Initially my phone froze so i restarted it by holding down the power and hold buttons until the apple logo appeared. I thought this would solve the problem but now when i power up my phone i get a message telling me that i need to restore from apple.com/support.

When i connect my phone through the USB it gives me the message that the SIM is not inserted or a SIM lock is required, my phone doesn't show under the devices section in iTunes so im completely stuck.

I've downloaded the latest version of iTunes but it still fails to recognise my phone. I tried using a friends SIM and again it didn't register.

I would be grateful for any help as im becoming very frustrated!!

Thanks
    02-05-2009 04:18 AM
    02-05-2009 09:17 AM
    Sounds like you may have to force it into recovery mode.
    02-05-2009 09:18 AM
    the problem is that it won't detect the phone at all, there is nothing showing under devices, i get the message saying insert sim even tho the sim is there??

I tried a friends sim card and i got the same error message

Dr FrustrationPants
    02-05-2009 09:41 AM
    Are you using a authorized SIM card?
    02-05-2009 09:44 AM
    the problem is that it won't detect the phone at all, there is nothing showing under devices, i get the message saying insert sim even tho the sim is there??

I tried a friends sim card and i got the same error message

Dr FrustrationPants
    That's what recovery mode should help you with... it is for when iTunes does not detect a iPhone connected to iTunes.
    02-05-2009 01:43 PM
    yeah the sim is fine

i tried to restore it using the advice above but after the restore it comes up with the same message:

"iTunes cannot activate your iPhone because the sim card is not inserted or a sim pin is required.

Disconnect the iPhone, make sure the sim card is inserted correctly and if you use a sim pin
    tap unlock to enter it and then reconnect your iphone"
    02-05-2009 02:35 PM
    thanks for the help i got it working
    02-05-2009 04:16 PM
    thanks for the help i got it working
    What did you do to get it working?
    02-05-2009 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD