I have been having a lot of problems with the Blue Tooth on the 3G. When I turn it off via Airplane mode, or with turning it off in Settings/General or when I totally turn off the phone and back on, I can not get the Blue Tooth to turn back on. The 'wheel" sits there and spins and never reaches the "Discover Mode". A couple days later the Blue Tooth start working, but then repeats the probem everytime its deactivated.

Anyone else experience this issue
    02-04-2009 04:19 PM
    Haven't experienced this issue. If it continues, you might consider performing a full restore via iTunes.
    02-04-2009 04:25 PM
    I have been having a lot of problems with the Blue Tooth on the 3G. When I turn it off via Airplane mode, or with turning it off in Settings/General or when I totally turn off the phone and back on, I can not get the Blue Tooth to turn back on. The 'wheel" sits there and spins and never reaches the "Discover Mode". A couple days later the Blue Tooth start working, but then repeats the probem everytime its deactivated.

you do know that bluetooth only works with other iphones!
    02-05-2009 05:41 PM
    What are you talking about?

...troll?
    02-05-2009 05:49 PM
    I've never seen this before either.
    02-05-2009 05:50 PM
    Actually, the bluetooth on the iPhone will only discover headsets, so if you are looking to pair it with another device that is not a headset, it will not see it.
    02-05-2009 05:53 PM

Have you tried just hitting the Home button while it is "spinning" after you turn BT on?

I ask this because I use a Jawbone 2 BT headset all day, every day. My routine is turn on Jawbone=>turn "on" BT on iPhone=> when it starts spinning hit Home button=> wait for beep in Jawbone and watch for BT emblem to highlight.

You may already do this but I thought I would mention it just in case.
    02-05-2009 08:04 PM
    Does a bluetooth icon appear in the top right hand corner of your screen next to the battery?
    02-05-2009 08:34 PM
    Have tried full restore with I-Tunes, same result. Never reaches discover mode and no Blue Tooth Icon appears on main screen next to battery. When it does work, I have been able to pair with Motorola H12 headset and blue tooth phone in car.
    02-06-2009 10:55 AM
    Might want to take it to an Apple store.
    02-06-2009 12:26 PM
    Actually, the bluetooth on the iPhone will only discover headsets, so if you are looking to pair it with another device that is not a headset, it will not see it.
    Actually, I paired my 3G with my laptop and was able to listen to both iPod and Pandora. The quality was amazingly good, except every few seconds anything I played had a brief stutter or hesitation. I 'm hoping that it only occurs when paired with my laptop and won't happen on a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I'll end up buying in the very near future.
    06-18-2009 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD