Most Over Rated Missing iPhone Feature

Most over rated missing feature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I would have to say MMS for sure. I can't even count how many cell phones I went through in the 4 years before I got my iPhone. But I can count exactly how many MMS message I sent in that time; zero. They charge even more for those things than SMS (which I use a lot). And it's a total waste of money since MMS is just email the carriers run.

The iPhone is actually the first phone that I've sent pics on, using email since it's free and easy. I don't do it very often but I do get quite a few sent to me now, I prefer getting them in email because then I can also get the pic onto my computer much easier.

TBH the other features are also not all that important to me. I don't have much need for copy/paste as I'm not really a user to gets something that I need to send to someone else. My car has a GPS unit already built into the dash, I have no issues with Google Maps.

bman7163

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
I am using AT&T service and have been waiting for some time for the SwirlyMMS app to work with AT&T with no issues. But recently I started using my email to send and receive pics. The only hassle is you first have to ask all contacts what service they are using and the pics don't come in instantly since you are using email.

I live in an area where 3G is not available. Cell service and texting work just fine. But if I want to check my email or get on the internet I am pretty much screwed unless I am at home or work where I have WiFi access.

I know MMS is overated for most people but it would be nice to instantly receive or send a photo like some of the bottom line camera phones!

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
In order of annoyance...

MMS, A2DP support, and copy/paste.

Although, I've never had much of a use for copy/paste, I would use it in rare situations if I had it. But I would never, ever, under any circumstances want to send an MMS, or listen to music with wireless earphones... even if I live to be 1,000 years-old.

Last edited:

thirdprize

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
The only times i have wanted C&P was pasting a URL into an RSS reader. If the iPhone handled RSS feeds natively (button on safari window) then i wouldn't have needed it at all. Still, clippy is quite good and does everything you would want from it. If Apple was posititoning the iPhone as a true smartphone (sync and edit desktop docs) then we would have to have had C&P. It wasn't so we don't.

Turn by turn? Come on, its a phone, not a sat nav.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The only times i have wanted C&P was pasting a URL into an RSS reader. If the iPhone handled RSS feeds natively (button on safari window) then i wouldn't have needed it at all. Still, clippy is quite good and does everything you would want from it. If Apple was posititoning the iPhone as a true smartphone (sync and edit desktop docs) then we would have to have had C&P. It wasn't so we don't.

Turn by turn? Come on, its a phone, not a sat nav.

While I do not need it, turn by turn is very important to some people and is pretty much standard on many phones including Blackberry phones. It is nice to have handy.

Argelius1

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't mind the ability to *read* MMS once in a while, but definitely don't want to send them. And don't want anyone else to send them. That's what email is for... But ultimately that's the one I voted for.

I would add one to the list: removable memory. Unless you use your phone as your exclusive iPod/mp3 player, 32GB is plenty!

rpungin

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I voted for MMS for the reasons others have talked about.

But I miss cut/copy/paste a lot! I would like to use iphone for editing documents and without c/c/p it's very difficult.

Also I would like to be able to select a portion of the text and delete it instead of keeping pressing the backspace key to delete character by character.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
MMS is soooo overrated. 98% of the people who I talked to, email, text, or IM have email on their phones or have a smartphone and dont send MMS, they always email pics. The other 2% that I talked to dont even send MMS.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
I definitely have tired of the whole "No MMS on iPhone" complaint. There are very usable workarounds, and it's an old, grossly overpriced technology that should be obsolete in less than 5 years. I hope Apple never institutes it and other phone manufacturers follow suit, thereby ushering MMS out the door for good.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I voted for MMS for the reasons others have talked about.

But I miss cut/copy/paste a lot! I would like to use iphone for editing documents and without c/c/p it's very difficult.

Also I would like to be able to select a portion of the text and delete it instead of keeping pressing the backspace key to delete character by character.

I never thought of that... Thats a bummer.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Last time I really needed cut and paste, I just used a buddy's iPhone along with mine: one to display, one to re-type. Steve Jobs' brilliant plan: force everyone to buy two phones that way! ;)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Where are all these people using MMS? I've gotten 1 in the last 10 years. Mostly I get emailed pictures, or these days sent them via Facebook and -- increasingly -- Twitter pic.

They're like floppy disks when the iMac came out: legacy users are still stuck with them, but the world is moving forward to device/platform independent technology.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Where are all these people using MMS? I've gotten 1 in the last 10 years. Mostly I get emailed pictures, or these days sent them via Facebook and -- increasingly -- Twitter pic.

They're like floppy disks when the iMac came out: legacy users are still stuck with them, but the world is moving forward to device/platform independent technology.

Maybe it's a generational thing? But you don't seem that old... I have gotten less MMS lately though I think because people know I'm not gonna go to that dumb website and they don't wanna go through the hassle of the email thing. I have one friend who still sends me pics. But he's smart enough to know how to email it to me through his MMS.

Income thing too... most of my friends can't afford a smartphone...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Maybe it's a generational thing? But you don't seem that old... I have gotten less MMS lately though I think because people know I'm not gonna go to that dumb website and they don't wanna go through the hassle of the email thing. I have one friend who still sends me pics. But he's smart enough to know how to email it to me through his MMS.

Income thing too... most of my friends can't afford a smartphone...

Rene is on the older side... I think he's 46... I may be a year or two off... :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73