View Poll Results: Most over rated missing feature?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMS

40 47.62%
  • Turn by Turn Directions

16 19.05%
  • Copy and Paste

36 42.86%
  • Something else...

7 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I think having a landscape keyboard for typing SMS/emails would be pretty sweet. But I won't really mind if it never comes either. To me, its just not that big of a deal.
    02-07-2009 01:55 PM
    I think having a landscape keyboard for typing SMS/emails would be pretty sweet. But I won't really mind if it never comes either. To me, its just not that big of a deal.
    You are right, the Tweetie app gives you a landscape keyboard and I actually shut it off. The way we have it now is best. IMO. But more options would not hurt.
    02-07-2009 01:56 PM
    You know that you can use TouchType and SMSTouch do do that? TouchType is free but SMSTouch is $2.99(??)ish. I have both and they are nice. I have gotten so use to typing in portrait mode though I do not use them much.
    02-07-2009 07:15 PM
    I'm 36. BadAsh should know that -- precisely half his age!

(I can has jest 2?)

And I think we get lots of complaints from grand/parents who want to get pics from their grand/kids.
    02-07-2009 07:32 PM
    Copy and Paste, I downloaded hClipboard and don't even use the damn thing.
    02-07-2009 07:52 PM
    Haha i might get ripped for this cause i dont have an I-phone YETTTT but my brother does.

I voted copy and paste. I am coming from a pearl which does have copy and paste and i may have used it twice.

I do have a problem with the phone not having MMS not so much sending them because i don't, but i do wish it could receive them ha... Its just more convenient, like when when my brother was at the Philly car show and they had a sick subaru STI and he couldn't just send me the pic. (And for those of you who had had a blackberry, and use Blackberry Messenger its sooo simple.)

And for turn by turn, i could care less. It would be nice but its not like it should be mandatory.
    02-11-2009 01:11 PM
    Personally I'd have to say turn by turn....

But I am surprised that C&P is running a close 2nd to MMS. I just switched from a crackberry to a 3G and the FIRST thing I encountered that was limiting my personal use was C&P.... and in regards to one post early stating that it's useless & most any need for it is taken care of in some other way... well maybe I'll change my mind after I fully get over the learning curve but I gotta say not being able to C&P from virtually anywhere to virtually anywhere is frustrating.

This ties into the MMS issue... Now personally I could care less about sendin a pic in this manner but it does seem to be the easiest & most cross platform compatible (aside from the occasional delivery issues noted earlier) but case in point.... someone sent me a MMS... what do I get but a text mssg w/ way less then human friendly (at least this human's short term memory can't handle that) msg id & a password? IMHO total BS... at the very least the url's should be specific to you in some fashion as to eliminate the need for a mssg ID & a password...

So what's the best practice for retrieving a MMS? I'm serious about that question, tho it's not like I get them very often anymore but I mean it seems quite ludicrous in the 21st century that I would need to jot down the ID & Password on papyrus or chisel it into a granite slab so I could nav to the url (at least that does something auto-magically for you) then type it in? I mean couldn't there be some sort of cookie set up so at the very least you might only have to verify some info to ensure security? I can under stand if they want to just dump em on a server & tell you to go get em...I'd be fine with that but the cryptic ID & Password crap has got to go....

And just for the record on my BB I used C&P on a very regular basis... from text msgs to emails & back, from web pages to contact lists, tasks etc... for me it's one of them things that once you put it in your bag of productivity tricks it can throw you off when it's not available and it's pretty infuriating to think I'd have to buy a 3rd party app regardless of price to give me functionality that is as old as dirt... hell even DOS had limited clipboard functionality.
    Last edited by bassface; 02-11-2009 at 04:29 PM.
    02-11-2009 04:25 PM
    Agreed, and with browsing they seem to have it down. But with things like sending someone a phone number... it would be nice.
    I completely agree NB!
    02-12-2009 10:06 PM
    I voted something else. That something else is: video recording! Now that we actually have all of the other features, is there something else that's missing that's waaay overrated? (ex: multitasking)
    03-19-2009 01:49 AM
    combination of gps and copy and paste.. i would understand the copy and paste but as a business person its very useful... but i would love to see an app that would let the backlight on when charging after you get a missed call
    03-19-2009 09:53 PM
    I'm surprised the number of people saying they don't need copy and paste. As a business user I use it everyday. Lack of C&P is one reason I nearly gave up my iPhone. I got tired of retyping everything I needed to send.
    03-19-2009 11:00 PM
    I picked mms, but should have went with other! Landscape keyboard. WTF, I have big fingers and type perfectly fine with my iPhone. In fact, no one has raced me and beat me even with those people using physical keyboards (bb and all).

Here are a couple of reasons why I want MMS (at least for receiving):

1- The chain letter jokes that a lot of people send me, I never get! I installed SwirlyMMS and saw how many MMS I would receive with this.

2- Like llofte said, a lot of people don't have email and those that do find it easier to mms it.

3- I don't always have someone's email address, but I also always have their phone number to send mms.

4- For Ash's issue, I don't send anything to Verizon customers. Lol, I don't even call them. They're the enemy! This is actually an issue with Verizon as it never happens to the three million t-mobile customers I know.
    03-21-2009 01:59 AM
    C&P - I will definitely use it, especially the way Apple has implemented it... copy and past pics!!!! That is awesome IMO. Can't wait.
    03-21-2009 02:00 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD