Hello everybody,
    My name is Guli and I have owned my 3G iphone for nearly 1 month now. This evening I have a problem with "phone" call icon whereas I couldn't use the favourite, recent, keypad as words are not shown on the screen. All the keypad numbers are shown but couldn't respond as well when I touch it. After a few seconds the screen will get back to "home" screen. I can still make call by using the contact but couldn't end the call unless I shutdown the iphone.
    Thank you for your help.
    02-04-2009 10:21 AM
    have you tried re-booting your phone? Sometimes if an app keeps crashing a simple re-boot brings it back to life...
    02-04-2009 10:22 AM
    i did that a few times before but didn't work. Anyone ever faced this problem? I'm thinking of resetting it at the "setting - reset" function though.
    02-04-2009 10:32 AM
    I've never seen this before.

You might try a full restore via iTunes.
    02-04-2009 10:39 AM
    I've never seen this before.

You might try a full restore via iTunes.
    Yeah, I think this is your best bet
    02-04-2009 02:02 PM
    I tried to restore it via iTunes but was afraid to proceed since the message pop up as "All of your media and data will be erased, and the newest version of the iphone software will be installed". I wonder the newest software will be the 2.2.1 which will ruin my jailbreak iphone. Any idea guys? BR
    02-04-2009 07:28 PM
    I tried to restore it via iTunes but was afraid to proceed since the message pop up as "All of your media and data will be erased, and the newest version of the iphone software will be installed". I wonder the newest software will be the 2.2.1 which will ruin my jailbreak iphone. Any idea guys? BR
    It will be the 2.2.1 software. You can rejailbreak it, but you won't be able to unlock it.
    02-04-2009 07:37 PM
    Actually mine is sim unlocked with 2.2 version. Tried restore via iTunes but failed with weird reason couldn't download due to connection problem. Tried full reset setting at iPhone general setting but to no avail. Kind of frustrated now.
    02-06-2009 08:23 AM
    If you are SIM unlocked, you will need to be careful with the restore, as it will try to load the new firmware on the phone, which the Dev Team has not cracked the baseband for the phone to be unlocked with other carriers.
    02-06-2009 12:09 PM
    HI am having a similar problem after the first day of owning my iPhone 3G. I installed a bunch of apps and suddenly realized that the phone icon did exactly what you describe.

Have you had any luck so far?

cheers
    bjorn
    04-28-2009 01:14 AM
    I was able to fix mine by uninstalling Kate using Installer. I figured it had something to do with utilities that would add extras to the phone app.

Hope that helps you
    bjorn
    04-28-2009 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD