Bad defected Iphones what they dont want u to knw!!!

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
Mine has this and I plan on returning it. I had an iPhone then went back to BB and that iPhone didn't have the issue. I figure if it's within the first 30 days they should give me a new one.

I will let you know how it goes.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
Well I got one and it has the same issue. I think I am just going to keep this one and then have it replaced later on, to much hassle to keep getting another one.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
What kind of problem would this cause other than an annoyance that the device is not asthetically perfect?

I know when you buy a 300-600 dollar device you would like it to be perfect so I can see how this issue could bother someone. Is that the deal? I cant handle certain imperfections such as if my phone gets scratched I then sell it on ebay for the exact price in which I buy a flawless replacement that is not scratched. But light leaking from the edge????? Is it really that bad??? I have heard of this before. I found a picture here

3G iPhone Light Leak - iPod - iPhone - iTunes Forums at iLounge

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen any gap... maybe I need to look closer or is it very noticeable?

Edit- after further examination I noticed a TINY bit of light seeping through by the volume controls but it did not seem like anything serious..

Plus, if it is actually a gap it is covered up by my Innocase Slider

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I got a closer look at mine when the room was pitch black and there was a little bit of light seeping threw the left side,,,,,,,,,,,,, but who gives a care :D

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
It might not bother some people and that is fine. Just want to get what I paid for.

Now for those that don't mind it, just hold onto your iPhone until you are getting close to your warranty being up in a year and trade it in for a new one (well refurbished, but it's pretty much new).

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It might not bother some people and that is fine. Just want to get what I paid for.

Now for those that don't mind it, just hold onto your iPhone until you are getting close to your warranty being up in a year and trade it in for a new one (well refurbished, but it's pretty much new).

I completely agree with you. I'd take my phone back for a single dead pixel if I had one. Did that with my Bold. If I pay that much money for something it better be perfect and to my liking. If not, give me a new one.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
I completely agree with you. I'd take my phone back for a single dead pixel if I had one. Did that with my Bold. If I pay that much money for something it better be perfect and to my liking. If not, give me a new one.

The one they gave me has the same problem - lol

I am debating on holding onto it until the warranty is close to being up or making them give me another one - :p

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The one they gave me has the same problem - lol

I am debating on holding onto it until the warranty is close to being up or making them give me another one - :p

I'd go back until they get it right... that's just me though. If I get the smallest scratch I'll buy a new phone. Call it my OCD. :eek:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm the same way as Bad Ash..

My Bold has a TINY scratch on the screen and a little mark on the bottom of the bezel and if drives me insane. It's one of the reasons I'm using my iPhone a lot more.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm the same way as Bad Ash..

My Bold has a TINY scratch on the screen and a little mark on the bottom of the bezel and if drives me insane. It's one of the reasons I'm using my iPhone a lot more.

When I got a mark on my silver bezel I bought a black one. :D

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Ya, my iPhone that I just bought yesterday has the same problem. I'm going to take it back and try and get one without this problem.