I haven't seen any gap... maybe I need to look closer or is it very noticeable?

Edit- after further examination I noticed a TINY bit of light seeping through by the volume controls but it did not seem like anything serious..

Plus, if it is actually a gap it is covered up by my Innocase Slider
    Last edited by jhamilton3; 02-22-2009 at 04:09 AM.
    02-22-2009 04:01 AM
    I got a closer look at mine when the room was pitch black and there was a little bit of light seeping threw the left side,,,,,,,,,,,,, but who gives a care
    02-22-2009 08:21 AM
    It might not bother some people and that is fine. Just want to get what I paid for.

Now for those that don't mind it, just hold onto your iPhone until you are getting close to your warranty being up in a year and trade it in for a new one (well refurbished, but it's pretty much new).
    02-23-2009 11:32 AM
    It might not bother some people and that is fine. Just want to get what I paid for.

Now for those that don't mind it, just hold onto your iPhone until you are getting close to your warranty being up in a year and trade it in for a new one (well refurbished, but it's pretty much new).
    I completely agree with you. I'd take my phone back for a single dead pixel if I had one. Did that with my Bold. If I pay that much money for something it better be perfect and to my liking. If not, give me a new one.
    02-23-2009 11:37 AM
    I completely agree with you. I'd take my phone back for a single dead pixel if I had one. Did that with my Bold. If I pay that much money for something it better be perfect and to my liking. If not, give me a new one.
    The one they gave me has the same problem - lol

I am debating on holding onto it until the warranty is close to being up or making them give me another one - :P
    02-23-2009 11:41 AM
    The one they gave me has the same problem - lol

I am debating on holding onto it until the warranty is close to being up or making them give me another one - :P
    I'd go back until they get it right... that's just me though. If I get the smallest scratch I'll buy a new phone. Call it my OCD. :o
    02-23-2009 11:44 AM
    I'd go back until they get it right... that's just me though. If I get the smallest scratch I'll buy a new phone. Call it my OCD. :o
    I know the feeling, but see if I get a scratch or two I can just go get another one - lol

And hope that one has the same issue -
    02-23-2009 12:06 PM
    I'm the same way as Bad Ash..

My Bold has a TINY scratch on the screen and a little mark on the bottom of the bezel and if drives me insane. It's one of the reasons I'm using my iPhone a lot more.
    02-23-2009 12:10 PM
    I'm the same way as Bad Ash..

My Bold has a TINY scratch on the screen and a little mark on the bottom of the bezel and if drives me insane. It's one of the reasons I'm using my iPhone a lot more.
    When I got a mark on my silver bezel I bought a black one.
    02-23-2009 12:13 PM
    lol, yea.. that is what I'm planning on doing sometime soon.

Do you have a screen protector on that or your iPhone?
    02-23-2009 12:36 PM
    lol, yea.. that is what I'm planning on doing sometime soon.

Do you have a screen protector on that or your iPhone?
    Best place to get it is BerryMods.com - Home. They sell the bezel with all the buttons and screens already in place. Ready to install.
    02-23-2009 12:38 PM
    Ya, my iPhone that I just bought yesterday has the same problem. I'm going to take it back and try and get one without this problem.
    02-23-2009 02:45 PM
    Ya, my iPhone that I just bought yesterday has the same problem. I'm going to take it back and try and get one without this problem.
    Good luck.. sounds like the problem is major in some areas.
    02-23-2009 02:56 PM
    Yeah I must say I've never come across this issue :S
    02-25-2009 06:59 AM
    wow, you've had some experience with iPhones
    02-25-2009 05:51 PM
    I just bought a brand new iphone 3g from the at&t store in January. I took it home and noticed that on the screen their were 3 dead pixels on the lcd. I took it to the apple store. They replaced it with no problem. The replacement worked for a few days and I noticed it was running really hot. A couple days later the WiFi stopped working. I restored and still had the same problem. I took it back to the apple store and got it replaced they said their were anntena problems. The next phone had the same problem a few days later but was not running hot. As of today this is my 4th replacement. I went and purchased the Apple Care protection since I noticed the quality is not up to par. I believe doesn't care about some minor defects as it keeps people coming into the store. Believe it or not I actually purchased a new macbook my first time I had the iphone replaced. Apple harps on the fact that they will replace the phone if you are experiancing issues and it maybe a way to keep people coming into the stores. ANYWAY, best phone I've had. I had the BB Storm for like two weeks when I deceided to ditch that and go with a real phone like the iphone.
    02-25-2009 11:35 PM
    Well b/c of this post im going to throw away my iPhone 3g and switch to tmobile!!!
    Haha, me too!
    02-26-2009 09:22 AM
    First off let me say thank-you for you info.

It amazes me that nobody gets it! I too am sick and tired of having to point out to these big guys were are sick and tired of putting up with bad product.

They hope nobody notices! AND when one person finds and is willing to work out their mistakes they crap on him!!. (" he does not understand we take your money and give nothing in return"

Well thank you very much I was going to purchase (3) three I phones this week.
    For our business!!

Guess what? nope won't happen!! I don't need the headache nor do I have the time to waste on a phone.

I am too busy wasting time with HARMON KARDON AVR 354 JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Short story 3rd unit still does not work nobody cares.

Thanks for the head-up on I phone
    Now here is a tip for HK FORGET IT !!!

The Funny Farmer
    04-05-2009 01:07 PM
    yes thank you willnot buy iphone x 3
    04-05-2009 01:09 PM
    iphones are the best
    04-05-2009 07:35 PM
    Sure I phones look great as long as keeps working.
    From what I have read here there seems to be a big problem with them.

SO keep your fingers crossed and good luck if you have one without defects.

Have purchased a few ipods in the past ie 80Gig units. all were bad.

good luck
    04-05-2009 09:18 PM
    Sure I phones look great as long as keeps working.
    From what I have read here there seems to be a big problem with them.

SO keep your fingers crossed and good luck if you have one without defects.

Have purchased a few ipods in the past ie 80Gig units. all were bad.

good luck

One thing about forums like these....people find them when they have problems, for every 1 problem you read about here...there are thousands of phones with no issues whatsoever.
    04-05-2009 09:31 PM
    The iPhone is like any other mass produced device. Most work without problems.
    04-05-2009 09:55 PM
    I must of gotten lucky because works pretty damn well so far. If I do have any problems it's from jailbreaking. And those are usually my fault and easy to fix.
    04-07-2009 12:45 AM
    One thing about forums like these....people find them when they have problems, for every 1 problem you read about here...there are thousands of phones with no issues whatsoever.
    Exactly right. You will read about issues on forums - no matter what phone it may be. Blackberry, HTC's, Nokia, etc... doesn't matter. They all have issues.
    04-07-2009 02:15 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD