Flash really coming to iPhone?

Grumps

Feb 12, 2009
www.nexxstudio.com
App Store will suffer if Flash do come to iPhone. There is no reason for people to pay for any of those classic games like Pac Man when they are openly available on the internet. Web App will grow but App Store will definitely slow down or suffer, especially $0.99 apps. I doubt if Apple would allow that to happen.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
App Store will suffer if Flash do come to iPhone. There is no reason for people to pay for any of those classic games like Pac Man when they are openly available on the internet. Web App will grow but App Store will definitely slow down or suffer, especially $0.99 apps. I doubt if Apple would allow that to happen.

All depends on the quality of the Flash implementation. Mobile flash has never worked well and it the install a Flash "Lite" then it might not run those games very well.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Do you really need Flash sites on your iPhone (or any phone for that matter)? Flash is pretty heavy, sometimes even my computer struggles with it and it is plenty powerful. I'd say Flash is way down on the list of things the iPhone could use.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Flash is suppose to be used as a tool but instead it's being used to run sites and give visitors large amounts of information that can be obtained without flashin the first place. Flash is not necessary as it's bloated and uses way to much processing power. But, people are accustomed to seeing flash and that's what is driving people to call for flash on the iPhone and every other smartphone out there. If it is ever done and people get tired of waiting for sites to load then people will either turn it off if that is an option and start complaining about it or merely complain that pages are taking to long to load and they can't turn it off.

eurR

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I dont think Flash is so important to iPhone. We are using iPhone without flash for a long time, it will be a great progress but not a decisive change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR