iPhone firmware 2.2.1 released?

ic22

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Att

Hi, I just downloaded 2.2.1......all went smoothly, and very quickly. Maybe I am nuts but I think that ATT on edge is faster. I have had 5 bars for the last two hours, in an office bldg in Chgo. I rarely got it before. I will keeping checking.

Renkman

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
Nothing new to report here. The new software update did take over an hour for me to download, though--plus backup, so allow yourself plenty of time.

jstrickland

Aug 25, 2008
Visit site
Who knows what the phone/keyboard icon next to the battery icon means. It wasn't there before.

I have downloaded and installed the update. I don't see any such icon. The only icon I see next to the battery icon is the bluetooth B. Can you provide a screenshot?

I have not noticed any changes due to the update. I don't seem to have been having the problems mentioned in the release notes. I was hoping Apple would add in custom notification tones for multiple email accounts. I guess that will have to wait for a major update...if it happens then.

IrishSniper87

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Downloaded.

I didn't notice anything new, however if Safari is has added stability, thats a huge plus.

I realized I hardly use the Camera, so I would never notice an issue with the camera roll, but Safari is my lifeline. I use mobile Safari everyday. I love it.

Last edited:

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Here's the screen shot. I'm usually good at figuring these things out but nothings adding up at the moment.

IrishSniper87

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Here's the screen shot. I'm usually good at figuring these things out but nothings adding up at the moment.

No clue what that icon is, however, moving settings to the bottom is a GREAT idea if you are manually switching 3G off or turning the GPS off. I personally leave the GPS off and manually turn it on before entering maps, in hopes that MIGHT help battery. I heard leaving bluetooth on is a battery killer also. At home and work my iPhone is always on wifi, and I'm on 3G the rest of the time. In fact, its been ages since I have even seen the EDGE "E"

I personally left the home screen the default way, but SMS and settings are the top 2 buttons I wish I could fit on that bottom row. Oh well.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site

Looks like the TTY phone icon?

tty.gif

TTY Phone Information

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
No clue what that icon is, however, moving settings to the bottom is a GREAT idea if you are manually switching 3G off or turning the GPS off. I personally leave the GPS off and manually turn it on before entering maps, in hopes that MIGHT help battery. I heard leaving bluetooth on is a battery killer also. At home and work my iPhone is always on wifi, and I'm on 3G the rest of the time. In fact, its been ages since I have even seen the EDGE "E"

I personally left the home screen the default way, but SMS and settings are the top 2 buttons I wish I could fit on that bottom row. Oh well.

Your seeing the "E" because I have the iPhone not the iPhone 3G. So moving the Setting to the bottom had nothing to do with 3G. It just made more sense to me. Settings in a consistent and instantly accessible place for Bluetooth which I only use when I drive or when anything needs to be changed.

IrishSniper87

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Your seeing the "E" because I have the iPhone not the iPhone 3G. So moving the Setting to the bottom had nothing to do with 3G. It just made more sense to me. Settings in a consistent and instantly accessible place for Bluetooth which I only use when I drive or when anything needs to be changed.

Whether it be better WiFi management, Bluetooth management, GPS management, or 3G management, moving Settings to the bottom is a wonderful idea. Thanks for the idea.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes it is. I am always in there and after awhile I really got tired of having to go back to the first page just to change a setting. This way is just so much easier and logical if you ask me.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Have noticed safari is a lot peppier, and loads pages much faster.
Also when changing the orientation of the page (horizontal,vertical) it has less hesitation and it also tansitions MUCH faster.

IrishSniper87

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Is it just me, or did the "mark as unread" button pop up out of no where? I never noticed that button there before when I was reading e-mails, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't there, just that I noticed it yesterday for the first time ever.

Actually, it is VERY noticeable and hard to miss, so I'll be a little embarrassed if I hadn't seen it this whole time.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I didn't realize I hit the details button yesterday, and now that button is there until I hit HIDE.

Oh well. I have noticed Safari is working quicker, and with less freezes or instances where it just quits out to homescreen.

Still wish for push notification though. IM is next to useless.

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Oooooh... I just noticed a little but neat new feature...I know it wasn't there all along, but I'm not sure if it came with this update or not...if it was there before, it's new to me: I can finally send an SMS message to multiple people at the same time! I'm a little bit excited!

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Oooooh... I just noticed a little but neat new feature...I know it wasn't there all along, but I'm not sure if it came with this update or not...if it was there before, it's new to me: I can finally send an SMS message to multiple people at the same time! I'm a little bit excited!

Yea, that was there before.

Dwranson

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
Flash with YouTube desktop version

I've noticed safari is infinately faster. I've also noticed YouTube desktop version and google video now displays flash videos properly. I was using imobilecinema plugin before, but 2.2.1 seems to display a lot more flash videos properly? Has anone else noticed this?:confused:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2