iPhone firmware 2.2.1 released?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I just saw a thread on Apple's forums that 2.2.1 software has been released.

Has anyone gotten it yet?

It looks like people in Europe are the only ones reporting it, they said it has these release notes.

iPhone 2.2.1 Software Update

This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
? Improved general stability of Safari
? Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll

I don't have iTunes at work so I can't see if it's here in the US yet. Anyone?

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am in Canada, and yep I got it. I am jailbroken though. Would QuickPwn 2.2 work? or do I have to wait for 2.2.1?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If your jail broken you should probably wait I would imagine. Good thing work is letting us out early for the snow, on the way home to check now.

Edit - Anyone have any issues with the upgrade yet?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
iPhone 2.2.1 Software Update

This update contains bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
? Improved general stability of Safari
? Fixed issue where some images saved from Mail do not display correctly in the Camera Roll

Knew that, does not mean Apple didn't sneak anything in. From the look of it, no surprises. But again, I just checked it out quickly. :(

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Download is going horridly slow for me, will Apple ever do patches instead of making us download the entire 250MB OS file every time?

Yawn.

ladillex

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
HI, just one quick question... i guess i wont have any issue upgrading if my iphone is FACTORY UNLOCKED right? plz i need advice...

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Let me see if I got the process right: once QuickPwn 2.2.1 is out, I should be able to back up my current JB phone using iTunes, then upgrade to 2.2.1 using iTunes. Then, jailbreak using QuickPwn 2.2.1, then what? restore from backup in iTunes?

Basically, I want to end up with my current settings.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Let me see if I got the process right: once QuickPwn 2.2.1 is out, I should be able to back up my current JB phone using iTunes, then upgrade to 2.2.1 using iTunes. Then, jailbreak using QuickPwn 2.2.1, then what? restore from backup in iTunes?

Basically, I want to end up with my current settings.

I would recommend that you start over from scratch to be on the safe side. That's just me though.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The sudden and unexplained in-ability to send SMS messages that was showing up in some phones has also been fixed. This is done with a baseband refresh according to some posts, and as such may affect jailbreakers.

This SMS bug was costing apple money, as the only workaround was to get a new phone, and people were doing that in droves.

In typical apple fashion, not wanting to admit any serious issues, the chalk this release up to cosmetics and stability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro