Cannot send Mail Error "one of the recipients assresses was invalid

LOexman

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I had to restore my phone and ever since then I can only send e-mails to people that are on my companies e-mail service. When I try to send an e-mail to someone outside my companies service I get the following message:
" Cannot send mail. One of the recipients addresses was invalid"

Please HELP!!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
That's odd. You might try deleting and re-entering the email account. If that doesn;t work, you might want to restore it again.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Did you check to see which email address it is listing as invalid? I have found that my MAC is a lot smarter than I am. Recently I sent out a group email and kept getting that type of response claiming one email address was incorrect and darned if it wasn't! As soon as i double checked the address and corrected it my email went through. May be the same with your Iphone.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If the deleting and then adding of the account trick has not worked you could also try someone in your company who also has an iPhone or smartphone. :eek:

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure you did the basic step of deleting the account and then adding it once more so I'd really hate to suggest to restore all for that...

...but then again, email is very important to people these days. :eek:

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Wow, that's really an odd issue there. I'm using Exchange, MobileMe and Gmail with no problems. Outside of the email address actually being wrong or no longer valid I wouldn't know what else it could be.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am using Yahoo and the one friend that i am having a problem is also Yahoo. I can never reply to his e mail, but i can send a new e-mail or a link with no problem.

You should try and have someone with a Yahoo email account send you an email and then try to reply to it.

Also, take screenshots of the email message sent to you and then your reply message. (Do this by holding down the Home button and then pushing down the Sleep/Awake and you will see and hear a *flash*)

Of course you can just erase or black out the message...I'm just looking for some type of oddity in the to, from, cc fields etc. ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2