What would the iPhone #3 need?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
To answer my own question, based on the various hardware upgrades that have been discussed (better camera, more space, HD, better battery, etc) I am not sure if I would upgrade. Those are all nice features, but alone (and even together) I don't know if they would represent enough of a "jump" from the iPhone 3G for me to spend my money. Now, Apple may come up with some new hardware feature that will really change my mind, but based on the various discussion I have seen, I don't think I would just to upgrade.

Chris

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I am not asking what features would be nice, but what it will take for you to upgrade your current phone.

Sorry, I misunderstood. In that case, I would only consider an upgraded model if it was necessary to support the latest software update. As long as I can run the latest updates on my 3G, I'll stick with it. :)

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
New guy here from crackberry.com.

I have to say, I like the fact the battery doesn't come out.

I have a 8gig and wish I could have got the 16gig but I am happy. I would probably get a 32gig if they came out with it. My 8gig is almost full.

I like the no keyboard thing, just took me a little while to get use to. Now I can type fast on it.

One thing I wish we could do is blue tooth to other phones. That way I could get ringtones from friends, but they probably wouldn't work then cause apple ringtones are a different format right?

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Well I currently do not have an iPhone, but I'll play. Assume if you will...</Rod Serling voice> I had a 3G. The features that would have to come on the new model to make me want to upgrade it would be a higher resolution screen, a faster processor, and increased battery life. These would all have to be present as it would make gaming and watching videos much nicer. Those are the main things I want to do on my iPhone whenever I do end up getting it.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I am still waiting on my first iphone, but I would strongly consider and upgrade within months if a new iphone had the following.

1) Better Camera

2) More Memory

3) Flamethrower

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I am still waiting on my first iphone, but I would strongly consider and upgrade within months if a new iphone had the following.

1) Better Camera

2) More Memory

3) Flamethrower

Flamethrower!! LOL! For me...

1. better battery
2. better camera
3. more color options

Actually... if the ONLY difference was that I could get a pink or baby blue iPhone.. I'd probably upgrade! :D

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I do not think that this would get me to jump. (I like my iPhone as is enough NOT to shell out extra bucks).:D but a faster processor would be very nice and tempting. I would also like better battery and Video Recording.

Whatever they do I just hope they do not make it much wider or thicker. I really like the present form factor.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Flamethrower!! LOL! For me...

1. better battery
2. better camera
3. more color options

Actually... if the ONLY difference was that I could get a pink or baby blue iPhone.. I'd probably upgrade! :D

Again, I am still waiting for my upgrade date so I have to ask these questions, but how bad is the battery? I have a blackberry 8800 now and I only have to charge it once every three days. A lot worse that that?

If it is as weak as I hear, then I would agree with you, that a battery upgrade would be tempting... But wouldnt you think that that would be something that you could have installed on your old iphone?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
The battery life is kinda bad not so bad that it should be a reason to NOT get the iPhone. It would just be nice if I could spend a whole day listening to music, surfing the web, replying to email, playing a few games, and have brightness turned all the way up without needing to charge. There is so much you can do on an iPhone that it's completely understandable why it's capable of draining so fast. But if for whatever reason I don't use my phone much except for texting and phone calls and some email, the battery will last me 2-3 days.

I believe replacing batteries on iPhones is rather expensive and it would make more sense to just buy a new one. Plus, do you think apple would actually make it possible to upgrade your battery? Of course not, they want you to buy a new one. There would of course be some hardware or construction difference that would make it impossible to put the new battery in the old iPhone.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
The battery life is kinda bad not so bad that it should be a reason to NOT get the iPhone. It would just be nice if I could spend a whole day listening to music, surfing the web, replying to email, playing a few games, and have brightness turned all the way up without needing to charge. There is so much you can do on an iPhone that it's completely understandable why it's capable of draining so fast. But if for whatever reason I don't use my phone much except for texting and phone calls and some email, the battery will last me 2-3 days.

I believe replacing batteries on iPhones is rather expensive and it would make more sense to just buy a new one. Plus, do you think apple would actually make it possible to upgrade your battery? Of course not, they want you to buy a new one. There would of course be some hardware or construction difference that would make it impossible to put the new battery in the old iPhone.

I have no problem charging my phone every night. As long as it doesn't die on me mid day. Your probably right with the battery thing as well, might as well just get a new phone when it goes.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site

That's what cases are for!

Again, I am still waiting for my upgrade date so I have to ask these questions, but how bad is the battery? I have a blackberry 8800 now and I only have to charge it once every three days. A lot worse that that?

If it is as weak as I hear, then I would agree with you, that a battery upgrade would be tempting... But wouldnt you think that that would be something that you could have installed on your old iphone?

I charge mine every night.

I have no problem charging my phone every night. As long as it doesn't die on me mid day. Your probably right with the battery thing as well, might as well just get a new phone when it goes.

Depends on how much you play with it. New phone syndrome means you'll play with it more than normal usage, which will kill the battery. Also depends on how you use it. I am on the internet constantly, which kills the battery faster. That being said, if you are by a computer all day, keeping an extra cord at work is not a bad idea! :)

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I charge my iphone every day or 2 days. Just depends on how much I use it.

I used it so much yesterday I had to use my backup battery at midnight while I was out.

Even on my blackberry I would kill the battery by 7 at night. So I get about the same use out of my iphone as I did with my curve.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
The BB with it's Standby mode is one of the best things out there for pure battery life. I average about 2.5-3.5 hours of talk time on the phone with 3G on all day and BT Headset on all day. I text and browse occasionally throughout the day, but I get a lot of emails . So you could call me a heavy user.

I can usually go through the whole day on a single charge. But I do keep a charger in the car just in case.:D

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
The BB with it's Standby mode is one of the best things out there for pure battery life. I average about 2.5-3.5 hours of talk time on the phone with 3G on all day and BT Headset on all day. I text and browse occasionally throughout the day, but I get a lot of emails . So you could call me a heavy user.

I can usually go through the whole day on a single charge. But I do keep a charger in the car just in case.:D

Reading this lets me know that I will be ok... I don't think there would be to many occasions where I used my phone that much!

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I'm still running the original iPhone with 16GB (didn't like the plastic case nor the new headphone jack). So for me it would really take a lot but I would like to see a few things.

Hardware Improvements
  • 640x480 or better resolution
  • 3.0MP or better camera
  • 32GB Flash ROM
  • 1600Mah battery or at least improved battery life
  • better speakers

Software Improvements
  • A2DP
  • voice recording
  • video recording
  • SMS forwarding
  • folder creation in Mail
  • group creation in Phone
  • some type of photo editing capability
  • tasks and notes syncing in calendar
  • ability to repeat appointments by day like the alarms (why we can't do that now is beyond me)
  • document and spreadsheet creator
  • Notes syncing
  • PDF reader
  • file downloading
  • file management
  • wireless syncing of everything
  • and put the magnifying glass back in Safari :)

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm still running the original iPhone with 16GB (didn't like the plastic case nor the new headphone jack). So for me it would really take a lot but I would like to see a few things.

Hardware Improvements
  • 640x480 or better resolution
  • 3.0MP or better camera
  • 32GB Flash ROM
  • 1600Mah battery or at least improved battery life
  • better speakers

Software Improvements
  • A2DP
  • voice recording
  • video recording
  • SMS forwarding
  • folder creating in Mail
  • group creation in Phone
  • some type of photo editing capability
  • tasks and notes syncing in calendar
  • ability to repeat appointments by day like the alarms (why we can't do that now is beyond me)
  • document and spreadsheet creator
  • Notes syncing
  • PDF reader
  • file downloading
  • file management
  • wireless syncing of everything
  • and put the magnifying glass back in Safari :)

After I read this, I have to ask. Do you like your iphone? haha

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Absolutely zukir02... those are just things I'd like to see in the next version :D Just like my old iPaq hx4700 no device is perfect but some basic needs would be nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR