BGR's Top 10 things they hate about the iPhone

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
yawn, wake me up when there is actually something new. Old beaten list.

If they hate the iPhone so much, why did they bother commenting? Just grab a BB and be happy.

Last edited:

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
What I thought was interesting (and worth posting) was the fact that it seemed there were a bunch of iPhone OWNERS over there slamming the phone. I expect the Crackberry folks to chime in, but most of those seemed to be iPhone owners.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What I thought was interesting (and worth posting) was the fact that it seemed there were a bunch of iPhone OWNERS over there slamming the phone. I expect the Crackberry folks to chime in, but most of those seemed to be iPhone owners.

All I have to say to that is if someone does not like the phone... don't cry like a baby - return it or sell it and get something else. Fact is it is not for everyone.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Im going to dissect this post. It seems stupid top me.

1. You can?t use custom sounds for email notifications, SMS, etc.
Agreed

2. Copy and paste. Sorry, but it?s ridiculous at this point.
Agreed. But not ridiculous.

3. When forwarding an email with an attachment, the iPhone sends it out locally. That means if you have a 1MB attachment, you have to send 1MB worth of data when forwarding. This doesn?t happen on Windows Mobile or the BlackBerry ? it?s sent from the server. Not cool.
Never had a problem with this. how trivial.......

4. No unified inbox. At this point, there?s no reason you should have to go through the rigmarole of switching through tabs and endless menus to get to another email inbox. Cut this down, give us color-coded emails that correspond with that particular account ? something!
Never had a problem with this. how trivial.......

5. Video recording. Again, it?s technically possible, but we don?t have it.
Jailbreak your phone. Also, how trivial.......

6. The touch screen capture button in the Camera application is horrid. Let?s use one of the volume keys or something to take a picture. It?s not a good setup.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!?
7. You can?t forward text messages. Something that is a no-brainer just isn?t here.
Agreed

8. There isn?t a way to delete individual calls from the recent call list. Not that we need to hide anything from our girlfriends or anything?
LAME. NEXT
9. No file structure that is user-accessible. That means you can?t save any attachment that isn?t a photo, you can?t download files from websites, etc. Additionally, each application can only access its own file structure so you can forget about doing anything sexy.
Again. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?!? Never been a issue..
10. The push-background notification service is still nowhere to be found.
With my headphones in this service works great. :D

Wow this has to be one of the lamest blog posts ever.. yet, I am commenting on it.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ regarding point 7, jailbreaking and getting something like biteSMS would do. Also, there is a JB app for point 1 ;)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In fairness to the BGR site it did say the gripes were for a non-jailbroken phone. But either way it was a lame list... :)

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I don't text, but I do IM... and I just can't imagine, ever, under any circumstances, wanting or needing to forward a text to someone else (even for business)... and I'd certainly hope MY texts wouldn't be forwarded to others.

People have some weird-azz needs. :rolleyes:

legendofdon

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
Well the only thing I could use SMS forwarding for is if someone sends me a funny joke that I would like to share with others. Then I could just forward it to whomever instead of having to remember how it goes and then retype it. But that doesn't happen often enough to get to the point where I care.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
9. No file structure that is user-accessible. That means you can?t save any attachment that isn?t a photo, you can?t download files from websites, etc. Additionally, each application can only access its own file structure so you can forget about doing anything sexy

So there is no file manager for the iphone? I cant download a file that doesn't have a recognized extension? There really isn't a user accessible file structure?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't text, but I do IM... and I just can't imagine, ever, under any circumstances, wanting or needing to forward a text to someone else (even for business)... and I'd certainly hope MY texts wouldn't be forwarded to others.

People have some weird-azz needs. :rolleyes:

Agreed. The only time I can think that I have used C/P on my BB is when someone asks me if I have someones number. Other than that I really don't think it is something that I will miss all that much. And I am sure there will be an update that addresses it at some point anyway...

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I bet half the people the complain about copy and past probably dont even use it. People just pick things to complain bout most the time. I have used copy and past maybe 3 times in the 1 year that I had a BB. I dont miss it at all.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I bet half the people the complain about copy and past probably dont even use it. People just pick things to complain bout most the time. I have used copy and past maybe 3 times in the 1 year that I had a BB. I dont miss it at all.

Exactly right. I think I've used copy and paste one time on my Bold. People just like to find any weakness they can.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Exactly right. I think I've used copy and paste one time on my Bold. People just like to find any weakness they can.

I would be a liar if I said there was not a time that I tried to justify why the iphone was not great... Now that I am coming up on an upgrade I can barely wait until I can call that little beauty mine!

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
1. Who cares about custom sounds.

2. I use copy and only a few times a year.

3. If I had to forward a large attachment I would log into the email service on the net and sent from there.

4. I liked the unified inbox on BB but it is also advantageous to keep things separate. Its not difficult to switch to the next inbox.

5. Who cares about shooting video with a phone. The quality is lousy on all phones. My cheapo camera it tiny and takes excellent video.

6. The touch screen capture button in the Camera application is fine.

7. I have never needed to forward a text message.

8. If you need to delete individual calls from the call history list then you are a lousy jerk.

9. I do like to be able to access/modify the file structure as well as store and download unknown file types but I only do this a few times a year.

10. The push-background notification service is still nowhere to be found. What does this mean?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
1. Who cares about custom sounds.

2. I use copy and only a few times a year.

3. If I had to forward a large attachment I would log into the email service on the net and sent from there.

4. I liked the unified inbox on BB but it is also advantageous to keep things separate. Its not difficult to switch to the next inbox.

5. Who cares about shooting video with a phone. The quality is lousy on all phones. My cheapo camera it tiny and takes excellent video.

6. The touch screen capture button in the Camera application is fine.

7. I have never needed to forward a text message.

8. If you need to delete individual calls from the call history list then you are a lousy jerk.

9. I do like to be able to access/modify the file structure as well as store and download unknown file types but I only do this a few times a year.

10. The push-background notification service is still nowhere to be found. What does this mean?

Push notifications for 3rd party apps such as a IM client being able to alert you of a new message while you are not in the application is one example.

zukir02

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Another thing that gets to me. People say "oh well I can change out memory cards, so I can hold more than 32gb's" Who would wanna carry around a bunch of little cards that all you will do is probably lose?