Quality of refurbs

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I just got a refurb from apple yesterday. My screen was clicking like a Blackberry Storm! :eek: My refurb seems to be in perfect working order with no blemishes. It looks a whole lot better than the one I gave them! Now if I can only keep this one scratch free...

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I just got a refurb from apple yesterday. My screen was clicking like a Blackberry Storm! :eek: My refurb seems to be in perfect working order with no blemishes. It looks a whole lot better than the one I gave them! Now if I can only keep this one scratch free...

Scratch free is always hard. I'm pretty good about my phones, but it always happens eventually. :(

bige1919

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I got the refurbished 8gig for $100 because it seemed like a good deal. Also ATT gives you a 90 day warranty on it (which i would think would be enough time to see if there are defects). On top of that I think apple still honors their year warranty from when the phone was first purchased, so I felt pretty safe that I wasn't going to get ripped off even if my refurbished phone didn't work right. I've had it about 2 weeks and no problems so far. Looks and functions just like new. I can't really see any downsides to trying it out.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I got a refurbished phone, not by choice... The vibrate function quit working on my 3 month old 3G... sent it off the the mother ship (Apple) for diagnosis... they sent me a refurbished as a replacement. Can defiantly tell it is a refurbished phone. The fit and finish not quite the same as my new phone. That and there is something loose in it (I can hear it if I shake the phone)

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
I will NEVER buy anything that is refurbished.
I will NEVER buy an used car.

I'm sure not everyone has had bad experiences and I've never had it either because I never dealt with it but I just refuse to buy anything used that is electronic. I will however, gladly accept hand downs from family members.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site

I have never dealt with a refurb iPhone, but I'm sure they carry the same warranty as a new one, so what is the big deal?
Used cars aren't a big deal. You just have to know that it has been taken care of by the original owner. Have a mechanic you trust look a used car over before you buy it and it is usually not an issue.

bige1919

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site

I'm sure not everyone has had bad experiences and I've never had it either because I never dealt with it but I just refuse to buy anything used that is electronic. I will however, gladly accept hand downs from family members.

To each their own, but I don't see the downside in this specific case of the iphone. You get a good warranty with it, if something is wrong it will most likely show itself within that time. And you can't beat $100 dollars for an iphone 3g. I got mine with not a blemish on it and it functions perfectly. I realize that not all experiences with refurbished products will be like that but with the warranty who cares, you can always return it or get a new phone.

Used cars are a different story :) I've had good experiences with used cars also, but you have to know what to look for and it depends on the model of car. What bothers me about buying new cars is that the value of it drops so much as soon as you leave the lot, where as a used car already has that loss incurred.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
To each their own, but I don't see the downside in this specific case of the iphone. You get a good warranty with it, if something is wrong it will most likely show itself within that time. And you can't beat $100 dollars for an iphone 3g. I got mine with not a blemish on it and it functions perfectly. I realize that not all experiences with refurbished products will be like that but with the warranty who cares, you can always return it or get a new phone.

Used cars are a different story :) I've had good experiences with used cars also, but you have to know what to look for and it depends on the model of car. What bothers me about buying new cars is that the value of it drops so much as soon as you leave the lot, where as a used car already has that loss incurred.

Exactly. If you refuse to buy used cars (which in itself doesn't make sense to me), you may as well just lease. Just pay for the depreciation. That's the main difference between a lease and a loan. A loan, you pay the principal, a lease, you pay for what you use, the depreciation.

I don't think there's anything wrong buying used. I wouldn't buy a used computer, unless it's from someone I knew, but I definitely don't see anything wrong with a refurb iphone. It's not a billion dollar investment guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73