Quality of refurbs

Scooter21

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
Refurb

I bought a refurb from premier 10 days ago and have not had a single isssue with it. ATT states the phones are restored original factory requirements.
My phone looks and works like it is brand new.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Then I would say they are pretty darn solid..

Nope,,, they come with a sticker that say how many blemishes, dings scratches,,, they have. I have bought 3 refurbs,,,,, 1 to keep and 2 to sell and my 3g 16GB said "3 blemishes". Thats why they are 200 dollars off!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nope,,, they come with a sticker that say how many blemishes, dings scratches,,, they have. I have bought 3 refurbs,,,,, 1 to keep and 2 to sell and my 3g 16GB said "3 blemishes". Thats why they are 200 dollars off!

Refurbs direct from Apple at a Apple store do not come with any visual defects. At&t may send out garbage but Apple takes pride even if the product was refurbished.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
^ this is true. Every refurb product I have ever seen from Apple looks brand new.

Also, the refurb iPhone I am using right now came from at&t. It is flawless, no scratches or anything.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I would think they have to be pretty flawless to be resold at the prices Apple & AT&T resell them at.. or else they would all be different prices, because some people would be getting cheated if they got a lot of scratches on their phone when another person got a nearly flawless.

I haven't heard of the sticker policy..

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I have bought 3 of them. 2 were flawless and one had a sticker,,,,, or it came with a sheet that stated the 3 blemishes. It had 3 nicks on the bottom. I could tell it had been dropped. So far it is perfect. I never even notice the nicks on the bottom. I think it is a pretty awesome deal to get a guaranteed phone for $200.00 off and the 8GB are $250.00 off if you are due for an upgrade. $149.00 for a perfect iPhone is a heck of a deal.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I just got a white 16GB refurb........... There is a crack in the casing by the silence switch and the sim slot looks like someone used a knife to open it...............

wow :mad: :( geez :confused:

Xicano#IM

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
the one i got for my girlfriend was marked as blemished but i couldn't seem to find any scratchs or nicks. in fact when i punched the serial in to apple's site to see the warranty available, it looks like we have until november of 2009. not bad since i bought it a couple of weeks ago. and it looks like we can even purchase the apple care protection plan--BONUS!

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
the one i got for my girlfriend was marked as blemished but i couldn't seem to find any scratchs or nicks. in fact when i punched the serial in to apple's site to see the warranty available, it looks like we have until november of 2009. not bad since i bought it a couple of weeks ago. and it looks like we can even purchase the apple care protection plan--BONUS!

That has been my experience also,,,,,, about a six month warranty with an option to extend the warranty.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site

Since I replaced mine, my warranty is still active on it so I still have about a year left.

I figure the one I got has the same issue, so I will replace it right before my warranty is up - :p

Not sure if I am going to buy the Apple Care though.

appleikiller

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
i just got a 16 gig refurbish its a BRAND new device, 9 out of 10 tims when you buy a refurbed its from people who have returned the phone in the 30 days for whatever reason....and the best thing of all i bought the 16 gig refurbed for 149 !!!!!!!! with a new contract of coarse :)

bassthumpa

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
After speaking with an Apple "genius", they confirmed that there's quite a difference between how Apple qualifies a refurb vs. AT&T (I work for AT&T, not in wireless tho). That said, I've never had any problems with an AT&T refurb until I got my iPhone 3G 8GB. The battery was bad, died way to fast after an overnight charge.

I simply took it to an Apple store and they exchanged it for a brand new unit since it was only a few months into it's original warranty. Now I have a new unit for a refurb price, so that worked out quite well.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Apple has a very good reputation with refurbs. If you have an issue with your iPhone and take it in, what do you think they replace it with?

9/10 times, it's a refurb.

They replace the casings if needed, the screen, or anything else before reselling.

I actually read in a forum somewhere that refurbs actually go through MORE quality control tests than new units do.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods