hotmail and msn email

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
when i try to set up my hotmail email address i go to other and put the password and stuff...but then it tells me that i have to subscribe to something...does this mean i have to pay??..is there any other way to get hotmail on my iphone?

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Subscribe? For Hotmail account? That's odd.

Can you post a screenshot? (Hold down home button and then push the the sleep/awake button at the same time) :)

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Hotmail doesn't like to allow POP3 support to external companies. They charge for that service (stupid). I don't think it will let you create an account on the iPhone. There's 2 options to work around it. Go to hotmail settings on you computer and set it to forward all mail to your Gmail account (which iPhone supports) or get mBox Mail from the app store which is a nice implementation of hotmail to the iPhone.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
To follow up on Reyza's post about MSN/Hotmail allowing free POP access on the iPhone:

I just tried to install my 2 *free* hotmail accounts in the e-mail app.

Apparently, it works! I can now send/receive from my hotmail account for free; I don't have one of those premium accounts.

Good news for hotmail users who've been dying to get their e-mail on their iPhones.
Has anyone else tried it?

Guess I can ditch my Izymail service now...

Last edited:

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear it is working out for you now!

Always nice to have your email on a device that is designed and powered for it :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR