For anyone sharing a iPhone sim with another phone...

Nick9283

Jun 3, 2008
Visit site
to begin removing you sim does not void the warranty. usually your right BA you can simply switch the sim back and forth. there may be a difference now that att changed their data plans.

thats the only thing i can think of as everything else has stayed the same.

im on a mediamax and iphone getting text to "contact a rep to get me on the propper plan" pshh!!

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
BA,

After trying the SIM in my iPhone for a day, I can report the following:

1. The iPhone functions just fine for email, web viewing, texting and phone functions. :)

2. The iPhone does not alert you, when a voice mail arrives by showing a number on the iPhone's voice mail button and you can't answer access it by touching the voice mail button on the iPhone. I found out the hard way, because I missed my wife's call :cool: ...... She didn't understand I was doing a science experiment..... ;)

Just to repeat, my current main brain is a Palm Treo Pro which is a WinMo machine and I have an AT&T PDA plan to support it.

Best,

Bill

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
BA,

After trying the SIM in my iPhone for a day, I can report the following:

1. The iPhone functions just fine for email, web viewing, texting and phone functions. :)

2. The iPhone does not alert you, when a voice mail arrives by showing a number on the iPhone's voice mail button and you can't answer access it by touching the voice mail button on the iPhone. I found out the hard way, because I missed my wife's call :cool: ...... She didn't understand I was doing a science experiment..... ;)

Just to repeat, my current main brain is a Palm Treo Pro which is a WinMo machine and I have an AT&T PDA plan to support it.

Best,

Bill

I had the same results with my Treo Pro. Seems like we can say it is the BB plan creating the issue.

stark69

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
i was sick of AT&T's crap so thats why i switched to tmobile and just unlocked my iphone to use it with tmobile and i seruously think it works better now.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I received the message the other day and haven't received it since. They have not changed my plan at all either. Bold and iPhone 3G both running on BIS data plan.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm not having success with mms working on my iPhone. What should the settings be? I chose the all five presets!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm not having success with mms working on my iPhone. What should the settings be? I chose the all five presets!

With swirlyMMS and a BB data plan with unlimited messaging? If you are on a iPhone data plan with unlimited text you will not be able to get swirlyMMS working.

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
I didn't read all 4 pages so maybe this was posted.

I remember reading over at CrackBerry that you could just have the BB plan and then put in the Sim card to the iPhone. The only thing you would miss out on is the visual voicemail since the BB plan doesn't have that. The BB plan is unlimited data so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I didn't read all 4 pages so maybe this was posted.

I remember reading over at CrackBerry that you could just have the BB plan and then put in the Sim card to the iPhone. The only thing you would miss out on is the visual voicemail since the BB plan doesn't have that. The BB plan is unlimited data so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

This is currently what I am doing(I had the Bold before) and you are correct.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Well after reading about a person receiving an $827 phone bill for swapping between the Bold and iPhone after only having the BB plan, I went into my AT&T store and had the my data plan switched over to the iPhone.. Stinks but I'm thinking this is the end of the Bold for me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well after reading about a person receiving an $827 phone bill for swapping between the Bold and iPhone after only having the BB plan, I went into my AT&T store and had the my data plan switched over to the iPhone.. Stinks but I'm thinking this is the end of the Bold for me.

I just replied over there, but yeah, my guess is he never swapped sims for a LONG time. The system picks up what kind of phone you are using. So if you were to switch frequently - you should be fine. If not call and make the switch, like you did. It really only takes a 10 minute phone to switch plans. And the are identical in price...

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I just replied over there, but yeah, my guess is he never swapped sims for a LONG time. The system picks up what kind of phone you are using. So if you were to switch frequently - you should be fine. If not call and make the switch, like you did. It really only takes a 10 minute phone to switch plans. And the are identical in price...

Yeah you might be right.. but he made it sound like he was doing it quite often or at least every few weeks.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
With swirlyMMS and a BB data plan with unlimited messaging? If you are on a iPhone data plan with unlimited text you will not be able to get swirlyMMS working.

Definitely have everything I should have on my account. It's my settings that seem to be off. Something weird happened today though... I entered all the APN, username and password info myself and received an error for the proxy.

scaliasphone

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Leaving it should be ok. I've never had issues before. I may have just spoke with someone who was completely clueless. Just want to warn people to be careful. That's all.

***And a BB plan will work on a iPhone. Just without visual voicemail. AT&T will say it doesn't work. But it does.

100% correct. I use the BB plan for the 3G....never had a problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative