hey all, i finally got my 3g today, and i'm trying to get everything set up.

i have a question about the yahoo email accts. i have sbcglobal dsl. with that i also have a bizmail.yahoo premium acct thru our website. will these not push to the iphone? or does it have to be an @yahoo.com type acct? also, i've got the push on, and also fetch every 15 minutes. it seems that the fetch is the only thing working as the emails arent pushing to the phone. do i need to have only one or the other going? thanks ahead of time!
    01-12-2009 06:08 PM
    It should push the sbc email no problem. Try turning push on only and having one account active at a time. Just to test it out.
    01-14-2009 11:08 AM
    ok, so i deleted the email acccts on the phone, they were intitially set up when i synched with outlook. i reinstalled them using the phone, and now the push option is there for the accts. it looked like all was working well, it even created the folders on the phone that were on the actual yahoo program online. i was getting very excited. but now, it seems like i'm receiving email, but not getting any notification by the phone. i've sent myself several test messages, but none seem to notify the phone that they are there. when i go and check the actual acct, the email messages are there. any ideas? i thought maybe outlook was the culprit, but i've got it set to leave copies of messages on the server, i even closed outlook during the process. i was almost better off the first way i had it i guess as i would receive the email notifications. thanks for any help!
    01-14-2009 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD