Exchange Sync Contacts "file as"?

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm pretty sure there is no way around this, but wanted to ask just in case.

Most of my contacts I want as First and Last name, but some contacts I would like to show with the business name. In outook there is a file as which you can set to the company name, but when it sync to the iPhone it still uses the name. Right now the only way I know how to do this is to only put the Company name and leave the name blank and stick the name in notes or something if I want.

Any ideas?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
This might not be ideal, but you can fill out the First Last and Company info. In the Contacts app, you can type the company name in the search box and it will search within the Company field while showing the name.

Reactions: JustinHorn

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
This might not be ideal, but you can fill out the First Last and Company info. In the Contacts app, you can type the company name in the search box and it will search within the Company field while showing the name.

+1
I use this method all the time, I have multiple sales people I deal with within certain companies. Sometimes I forget the name of the exact one I need to call. So I just type in the company name into the search field, and it will bring up every person on my contact list that works there. Then just scroll thru, and pick the one I need.