Howdy from Texas

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I just joined your forum after reading about you at Crackberry. I am a MAC owner and love my IMAC. I was an Iphone 2G owner for over a year but developed a 'gadget itch' for a change. So I took the plunge, sold my old Iphone, and bought a Blackberry Bold. It is a completely different experience and there is a lot to learn with it. BUT I am still missing the Iphone, especially Safari and the bigger screen. There are pros and cons to both devices. But blast it, I've got that 'not completely satisfied feeling' with the Bold. I miss the ease of syncing on my IMAC through Itunes, the ease of transferring videos to the phone, and did I mention Safari and all of my bookmarks?

Anyway, I am going to study here a bit, ponder, and make a decision. Unfortunately, I already used my ATT upgrade so will have to pay full retail if I get the Iphone. ANd I'll need to sell the Bold.

Couple of questions: I noticed at the App store there were email texting apps for landscape mode. Has anyone used them? That was one of my biggest buggaboos. Texting on the Bold is great.
Also, what screen protectors do you all use? I have BSE on the Bold and it works well. I always found myself cleaning smudges on my old Iphone.

Thanks for your input!

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector either. Smdges and finger prints are going to happen with a touch screen phone, that I just something you are going to have to deal with. I don't care for landscape typing so I haven't used any of those apps.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Howdy fellow Texan :D

As far as apps go. If you can name a few I might be able to point you in the right direction or even review them for you :)

There a several apps I am interested 'fellow Texan'. I am in the DFW area by the way.
Here they are:
Aniweather which mimics the 3D flo weather app for HTC, love the windshield wipers
Easywriter (under productivity) free app for landscape mode email
Touchtype lite (under productivity) also free app for landscape mode typing

Appreciate the input. I stopped by Best Buy after work today and I KNOW I will be buying the Iphone, probably this weekend. I still have to decide whether to keep the Bold. The sales kids said I would be able to swap out my Sim card and use the Bold with the Iphone data plan as long as I am not using corporate email. Can anyone verify that?

Thanks!

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Got my Iphone!

I feel like I've come home. Bought a new Iphone today. It is such a relief to be back and soooo nice to be able to hook up to my IMAC, sync with Itunes, and all works flawlessly together! I'll try not to stray again. Now I'm off to play at the App store and go sell my Bold.:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2