Big Problem Help!

_NULL_

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Phone Goes Back To Springboard Everytime. Help!

I jailbreaked and unlocked the phone on Tuesday everything was fine, worked like a charm. Then on Wednesday I downloaded a handful of apps from Cydia and Installer. Later that day I press the Phone icon to make a call then all of a sudden I can't press anything, seconds later it jumps back to the Springboard.
It does this all the time, I tried restarting it multiply times. Same thing all the time.

Has this happened to anyone? What should I do? Restore it?

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Make note of the apps you installed. if you can get back into Cydia, try uninstalling all of them and see if that works. If that doesn't, then restore and re-jailbreak.

Over the years, I have noticed that the best way to add applications is to test them one at a time. Helps pinpoint which application causes errors/unexpected behavior from my devices.

_NULL_

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I uninstalled a bunch of stuff but it didn't seem to help. I will restore and re-jailbreak.

I remember downloading two apps from Installer and they never showed up on the Springboard. Might have caused it.

Thanks for the help.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I faced that problem when I first jailbroke my iPhone. It is caused by 2 apps from Installer (forgot their names, I searched alot until I found the results). I ended up restoring, rejailbreaking and de-selecting Installer. All the apps I need are on Cydia anyway.

EDIT: those are the problematic Apps on Installer. Just uninstall them and the problem should be gone:

- Kate
- Mobile enhancer
- RIP DEV preferences

Reboot and enjoy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox