Macworld and lack of iPhone news?

linde

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
I am new to the iphone and macworld, but that is what I was thinking. There was only an application that was announced, correct?

Kind of a bummer...

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If you use iLife, especially iPhoto or iMovie, it was jaw-dropping spectacular. Likewise if you hated and despised DRM. The new battery technology was geek-pressive.

Lack of iPhone goodness was disappointing, but my bet is Apple is saving that for WWDC (like last year), and/or a special event like the SDK one in Feb/March (depending on when they do an iMac/Mac Mini event).

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
DRM news was nice, but the "Upgrading My Library" feature is not useful to me since I immediatley burn and re-rip anything from iTunes.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I was sad there wasn't any iPhone news but ecstatic about the new iLife and iWork. I'm bummed I just bought iWork a few months ago, but whatever, I get 50% off through my brother. Numbers was in need of a very serious upgrade and I'm so excited to try it out. iMovie '09 looks awesome. My dad got Final Cut Express for christmas and I put a copy on my MacBook... but I don't think I'll ever use it now. DRM free music is also exciting news. I don't think I'm gonna pay to upgrade my library though. Not having DRM free music has never personally affected me, it was just the principles behind it that bothered me.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't too disappointed. Apple's style had been topic-centric in these events. In other words, the event will revolve around one main topic ex. Music, iPhone, or (like yesterday's) Mac.

Even in the last event when they introduced the Nano 4G, they only gave the iPhone a 5 minute show to introduce a new firmware with a very quick feature list.

That's how Apple do it and I guess I got used to it. Still saving to get that first Mac lol.

icebike

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
> Even in the last event when they introduced the Nano 4G, they only gave the iPhone a 5 minute show to introduce a new firmware with a very quick feature list.

In that case you should be VERY disappointed, because all they did was release software of no interest to iPhone users. (I mean really, slide shows on your phone? Who does that?).

Never mind that there are a growing list of serious problems with the phone, missing features, and mysterious NEW failure modes cropping up. Not a hint of a new release. Not a hint of long promised features, or missing features that make this phone something of a laughing stock in the business world.

But, you did notice three, (count them, 3) high volume retailers have enough refurbs to open a new sales campaign? Walmart, ATT, Bestbuy! All selling refurbs.
What does that tell you. How many of those X million 3Gs sold came back? If it wasn't at least 10% there would not be enough refurbs to start 3 high volume refurb sales programs.

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
So was it foolish to think that we would see a new iPhone sometime in June/July of 2009?

I remember when the first iPhone was announced in January 2007, I was excited about it, but patiently waited till they announced the 3G with Exchange integration in January 2008 and then waited some more till July 11th to actually buy a 3G. Based on the past two years I was thinking it would be the same cycle announce in January 2009 and release in June/July 2009.

Is there a chance that maybe in the not to distant future, away from Mac World and at their own venue Apple will have one of those much anticipated events where they announce new phone products? Or are we looking at 2 years or more before we see a new iPhone? How often to other phone vendors release new phones?

I was disappointed. I was expecting to see new device, and it's not that I'm not happy with my 3G, but probably the expectation of improvements of the next gen and getting zero, nada, nothing.

Maybe since it was released world wide it has changed the hardware cycle.

Just my 2cents.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm not worried about iPhone news. It's coming... and it'll be major.

I've just been waiting for my 17" MacBook Pro!

I was VERY impressed with iMovie and am anxious to try it out. iPhoto, on the other hand, is just becoming way too overly-featured for me (and I think most people). But I can see how photo enthusiasts who travel a lot, might get some use from the new stuff.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I love the news of the new iLife 09!! I was disappointed with the lack of iphone news. I guess it's cool because I'm still enjoying my iphone 3g that I bought in July like I just got it this morning. Plus.....iphone 3g is still selling like crazy so I guess Apple thought it didn't make any sense to bring out a new device when everyone is still trying to get their hands on the current device.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I felt it was pretty dull too. I figured there would at least be a mention of Snow Leopard or a Mac mini refresh.

Although I am pretty excited to jam with the new Garageband (guitar player here). I wish Apple would have released iLife alongside iWork instead of having to wait until the end of the month.

I'm now more interested in hearing what the 3rd party companies are developing on the Mac and the iPhone platforms. Companies like: Cultured Code or The Cosmic Machine excite me for what other apps are being worked on.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm in the minority here; I'm actually okay if a new iPhone doesn't come this summer. I'm still enjoying my 3G and feel like I'm learning something new every month. The App. Store makes it even better. Note: I DO want upgrades improvements in the current model but I don't want to junk it just yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW