Hello. I received an iPhone for Christmas and have enjoyed it so far. I am coming from a blackberry which I miss a little bit. I really miss the ever reliable battery-pull.

The problem is that Sunday night, when I hit the home button the favorites of the phone portion of the iPhone came up and stayed. I was unable to power off the phone. When you hit the "sleep" key and hold it down, it will not only put it in sleep mode after you release the button. I can not get the power-off slide bar to appear.
    So, at that time I did a restore on the phone and it has been fine until now. It is doing the same thing again.
    Do I need to do another restore? Is this normal to have to restore more than once a week? Should I try to go back to ATT to exchange it?
    The restore was pretty straight forward, so I dont mind doing it. Just wondered if there was some other trick..

ETA: I am running 2.2
    Thanks in advance...
    Linde
    Last edited by linde; 01-06-2009 at 09:19 PM.
    01-06-2009 08:55 PM
    If the phone ever freezes simply hold down the power button along with the home button. Keeping holding it until the screen goes blank and you see the Apple logo. You will be good to go. Same thing as removing the battery...
    01-07-2009 09:43 AM
    YAY!!! Thank you!!!! You are now my iPhone hero! You truly "Bad A@&" I mean...Bad Ash!

I did a restore AGAIN last night because I wasn't sure if I would be able to receive phone calls and was expecting my nightly phone call from my sweetie who works offshore.

Thanks again!
    01-07-2009 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD