So I have quite a few ringtones now and I came up with this great idea a few days ago. I've been getting so tired of changing my current ringtone so that the current one doesn't get stale that I thought it would amazing if Apple came out with a firmware update that would allow for an option to have your ringtones shuffle. So that in essence every time somebody called your phone, it would ring with a randomly chosen ringtone. So the point being is that I was just wondering if anybody else would be interested or am I just alone in this hope, needing to abadon a wish for this to happen. Even a third party app that did this would be a godsend.
    01-05-2009 01:06 AM
    When my phone rings, it sounds like a phone ringing, that is all I want. Different strokes for different folks.
    01-05-2009 04:02 AM
    it is a nice idea, but I think Apple better focus their efforts on more serious features like Push, etc...
    01-05-2009 05:09 AM
    Knowing Apple though, I don't think they are much concerned with what we think is a more serious feature, much to our own vexation.
    01-05-2009 06:09 AM
    I agree, i'd love to have random ringtones..although I do have a diff one set for everyone.
    01-06-2009 02:26 PM
    There is a jailbreak app called RandomRing that does exactly this.
    01-06-2009 07:24 PM
    I just changed my default ringtone so that it's part of a song. Now when my phone rings, I don't realize it's my phone until it goes to voicemail. I can't imagine it changing each time someone calls. Am I just old?!?
    01-06-2009 11:22 PM
    Ah way to make me feel like a young hooligan. I don't think it's just because you're old because honestly if it wasn't for vibrate I would miss half of my incoming calls.
    01-07-2009 07:01 PM
    I'm using the same "phone-ringing" ringtone I've been using for the past 6 years on my last 3 phones. Guess you know where I stand.

Personally, I think "song" ringtones should be punishable by death... but that's just me.
    01-08-2009 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD