Intermittant E Mail

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
Love the IPhone E Mail, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this: More often than not, when I'm in the field and not using WiFi (and have a lot of bars), and I check for new E Mail, the "checking for mail" just grinds and grinds and grinds...eventually giving me a "can't connect with server" message or just quitting the check and showing the time and date of the last successful check for mail. Any suggestions? Also I don't have the "push" feature on; the phone is set for manual checking for E Mail...comments? It that the best way? Thanks!:)

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I think everyone's had that happen at one time or another. The iphone's e-mail system isn't perfect...YET. It hasn't dethroned the Blackberry as e-mail king YET. As Bad Ash says, you get what you pay for. Sometimes, I can go a day or 2 where the e-mail (yahoo) isn't pushing as efficiently as i'd like. But then it usually resolves itself. Obviously, the e-mail system will run better on 3G (vs. Edge) and will run the best overall on wi-fi. And I do have my settings set for "Push" (where applicable) and for my other e-mail addresses "Fetch e-mail every 15 minutes." I used to have it all set to manual but didn't really notice a big difference in battery life, so I switched it. Might want to try that.

Also another thing you should be doing is doing a soft reset (holding the sleep/wake button on top til the slider bar appears) at least once a day to ensure that it's running properly. Especially if you're the type of person to add apps from the App. Store on a frequent basis.

Welcome, BTW,
Brent

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro