Just bought a 3g iphone on Dec. 27th...should I even consider insurance for the phone. I am getting a pretty good case for it and take care of my things, but you know accidents happen. Just wanted to get thoughts from people that have it and don't have it and what it covers on the phone.
    12-30-2008 09:33 PM
    There is no insurance on the iPhone. If you lose it or run over it with your car, you're out of luck. Applecare just extends the warranty another year. So instead of a one year warranty, you have two. It is supposed to cover everything including the battery (which is a big deal) but not water.
    12-30-2008 10:47 PM
    I took out a personal articles policy with StateFarm on my iPhone, with no prior insurance with StateFarm. $30 a year and no deductible. I highly recommend it, mostly because my old iPhone ended up in a pool over the summer.
    12-31-2008 08:59 AM
    I took out a personal articles policy with StateFarm on my iPhone, with no prior insurance with StateFarm. $30 a year and no deductible. I highly recommend it, mostly because my old iPhone ended up in a pool over the summer.
    According to State Farm corporate, your iPhone cannot be covered by any policy. I suggest that you have it in writing that your iPhone is covered by that policy.
    12-31-2008 01:39 PM
    It depends on how long you plan on keeping your iPhone. I never get extended Applecare or any type of insurance. I never keep my devices long enough that something happens. Also, the comments above are correct. Applecare does not cover damage that you have caused. Although you could get lucky at a Apple store if someone feels bad for you.
    12-31-2008 01:52 PM
    Just spoke to my State Farm agent. They will not do a personal articles policy on an iPhone unless you already have a personal articles policy. That way you would be grandfathered in.
    12-31-2008 01:55 PM
    im plannin on buyin an iphone 3g, so what i have read in hear if i lose i want be able to get another one??? like for ex:i just broke my blackberry storm all i had to pay was $50 and they gave me eveything including my 8mb card,which they told me it was not coverd on my insurance... please answer my question
    01-02-2009 01:08 AM
    also i dont know if yall know but when i bought my blackberry at best buy they told me they had this insurace plan they had an i think it was only like 6.99 or something, so my question for this will this cover if i lose my iphone when i buy it if anybody knows
    01-02-2009 01:14 AM
    Don't waste your time money . Seriously though, you are better off using TiPB as insurance!

01-02-2009 02:23 AM
    I bought an Agent 18 hard case instead of Applecare.
    01-04-2009 03:31 AM
    Squaretrade offers insurance for the iPhone 3G at a very reasonable rate and covers all damage. Just do a google search.
    01-04-2009 12:34 PM
    We don't have AppleCare for iPhone in Canada, but my standard practice is to get AppleCare on everything I can get it on. It's seems expensive until your product breaks 1 day after the standard warranty expires.
    01-05-2009 01:31 PM
    I can't speak for the worth of Applecare on the iPhone, as I have not used it, but I can say that I used my plan for my MacBook Pro many times, including a logic board replacement. For 300 dollars, by the end of the warrenty, I ended up with over 2500 dollars in repairs done under warrenty work. I always enjoyed the treatment I received as well. I would recommend it, but realize that these kinds of plans aren't for everyone, and it depends on your usage. I am fairly hard on my portable devices.
    01-06-2009 11:45 AM
    Get a badass case and you're good to go
    01-07-2009 12:36 AM
    best buy offers insurance 14.99/month no deductable its a rapid exchange program covers everything except lost or stolen. bring it in and get a brand new one, its not too bad
    01-07-2009 01:18 AM
    I ordered the Protection Plan for my iPhone when I ordered the 3G online and received word from AT&T that it's currently out of stock (?), so I'm wondering if it is offered or recommended by those of you who have owned iPhones longer than my first day here.
    Thanks!
    02-11-2009 10:08 PM
    get the 2 year one there really isnt a difference between many all i know is the battery lasts about 2 years
    02-11-2009 10:40 PM
    I would get it, but think it's more worth my money to just upgrade to the new one every year
    02-11-2009 10:53 PM
    I would get it, but think it's more worth my money to just upgrade to the new one every year
    LOL My thinking exactly
    02-11-2009 10:56 PM
    I never get protection plans. I have a pretty good record with devices so far. I usually only keep phones and computers for about 2 years anyway.

You should do what you are comfortable with.
    02-11-2009 11:53 PM
    I'm with you Dizzy! And I take very good care of my gadgets.
    02-12-2009 07:10 AM
    Your right.
    02-12-2009 09:06 AM
    I personally don't purchase AppleCare for my iPhones, but I do for my Macs. My brother works for Apple and he said AppleCare makes a huge difference on how they "treat" you. If you come in with some minor complaint about cosmetics or something YOU don't think is right (but in reality there's nothing wrong) with your phone and a genius sees that you have AppleCare, they'll replace it for you to make you happy. There's little things that you might get better service for if you have AppleCare. Also, apparently Apple doesn't like to advertise it as an "extended warranty". I think because it's slightly different.
    02-12-2009 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD