Service: Michigan

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I first thought this was just a problem with my iPhone, but after seeing my whole family lost service on AT&T, I found that its bigger than the iPhone. I am curious if any members on this forum residing in Michigan have had any service issues? It first started with losing all data 3G/Edge, then voice/no service. Funny, I was on the phone with AT&T this morning, getting thru with no problem but when the service went, I called again and was on hold for an hour and still failed to get thru, probably amounting from the storm of calls after service loss.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm in Cincinnati OH and all this morning I have been having problems connecting to 3g. I live in a strong 3g area. I've been having problems connecting to the Internet and making calls this morning.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Out in Chicago as well!

Not to mention the call centers are closed!!! :mad:

Better be fixed soon. This is crazy.

Also talked to Dieter, his service is down as well. He is in Minnesota.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm just outside Detroit, Michigan and have had no AT&T issues.

Although my 3G is always off because having it on keeps my phone from ringing. Something they say they've been working on for awhile now.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I just now called a Detroit-area friend (who also has AT&T) who said everyone is telling her online that they can't get through to her on the phone. Yet everyone else in Detroit Michigan says they're without service too?

Doesn't make sense. :confused:

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Out in Chicago as well!

Not to mention the call centers are closed!!! :mad:

Better be fixed soon. This is crazy.

Also talked to Dieter, his service is down as well. He is in Minnesota.

Not all call centers are closed...you can call AT&T after hours. 866.801.3600.
On the at&t forums, there is a problem with the netwok due to possible high winds in areas of Michigan. I can only get 3G voice and data but there is no Edge, so my wifes Curve is dead.

Last edited:

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I know I am reachin...didn't the iPhone go on sale at WallMart today? Is it the influx of iPhones in this and other areas that killed the towers today? It seems like everywhere there were issues with the network around the states were areas with a lot of iPhones hogging the network resources.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I just wanted to use any excuse to blame AT&T. I have never seen a network with so much issues prior and especially post of the iPhone. We have had some bad storms here in Michigan while I was with Sprint and still got coverage. I understand the problem, but insite of all other issues with AT&T, my patients is wearing thin. I called my friends with Sprint and Verizon and they are up and running inspite the storm. My family in law has lost all their power today so the storm is a relavent issue.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
KStewart:

I'm in Westland, MI and have had 100% full data and phone service all day... so, it's a total mystery to me. Everyone surrounding my area (on the Blog comments) is out of service. It just makes absolutely no sense at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2