My hard drive became was replaced, I reinstalled itunes. Now I can not transfer new music to the iphone without wiping out what is on the iphone. Any help to get around this would be appriecated.

jd
    12-27-2008 06:19 AM
    I would hold off on starting over b/c I think there are some rippers that can extract the tracks off the iPhone / iPod. I've never used it before, but just wanted to let you know I think there is a way and to hold off until someone with more experience chimes in.
    12-27-2008 06:20 PM
    My hard drive became was replaced, I reinstalled itunes. Now I can not transfer new music to the iphone without wiping out what is on the iphone. Any help to get around this would be appriecated.

jd
    Yeah, as dizzy said, there is a software application that will alow you to go into your iPod and tranfer your songs to your computer. It will be easy if you are a Mac user, but for Windows users, it requires a jailbreak. Take a look at the following link:

IPod: Copy Music from Your iPhone or iPod to Your Computer for Free

I've done it on iPod O so many times, but on an iPhone it's a little more tricky (trickier?).

Did you ever back up your music to any other source?
    12-28-2008 06:12 PM
    12-30-2008 09:54 AM
    This is a solution that should have been resolved from the get go. With my Treo I had the option to overwrite my data on my PC from my device. There is just too many chains or lock downs without versital management. It's a no brainer...you may have paid for the music, and now it should easily be managed from PC to device without jumping thru hoops. People change PC's as they change devices. I love my iPhone but it doesn't get the heavyweight Title as a Smartphone quite yet in spite some of it's innovations. Because of it's short commings, my notebook is getting more attention managing things I use to do on my Treo and BlackJack. I do believe the best is yet to come for the iPhone, and it still rocks. If the better doesn't come though, a pretty face ant enough to keep me, I will go elsewhere Stevie...sick of using my notebook so much.
    Last edited by KStewart; 12-31-2008 at 01:50 AM.
    12-31-2008 01:46 AM
    Last year, I lost all my music when my hard drive crashed (although everything was still on my ipod). I used TouchCopy which allows you to transfer files from an ipod/iphone to a computer without iTunes syncing the device. You can try it free for a while with limited number of file transfers and the full version isn't too expensive. I'm not sure of the address but it should be easy to find if you Google it
    01-05-2009 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD