iPhone 2.3 Firmware Release Date?

When do you think iPhone 2.3 firmware is coming?

• January

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • February

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • March

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • April

Votes: 25 33.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My latest thinking was that the next release would be a 3.0 with iPhone 3.0, but since they had issues last time by grouping the launching of iPhone 3g, software update for 1st gen, and mobile me which caused problems with mobile me and activation/update servers. So that makes me think they may want to release a 2.3 update with push notification (and maybe a few other things) before a 3.0 firmware with a 3rd gen iPhone. This way they wouldn't have to worry about a launch of a new iPhone and firmware on top of managing live push servers.

But at the same time I also think if something was released to developers we would have heard something by now. I mean at the least we would hear that something is out there.

So basically I have no f'n clue anymore :D

I really think and was hoping that with the new iPhone we will see a revamped OS. So... that said I still think we may get a few more firmware updates from now until July. And maybe more depending on when the new iPhone is released.

solidlick

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Well i see three cases of the story. 1. The Apple developers are in tight leash and a leak from a developer would have consequences. 2. The forthcoming release 2.3 has'nt got any news yet because of Jobs leave of absences. 3. There ain't a forthcoming release because the next release is a new Iphone that fixes some of the rather braindead floors (mms, forward sms, send contact, crappy bt etc.) and of course that will force us gadget freaks to buy a new expensive phone.

ExBBUser

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Well i see three cases of the story. 1. The Apple developers are in tight leash and a leak from a developer would have consequences. 2. The forthcoming release 2.3 has'nt got any news yet because of Jobs leave of absences. 3. There ain't a forthcoming release because the next release is a new Iphone that fixes some of the rather braindead floors (mms, forward sms, send contact, crappy bt etc.) and of course that will force us gadget freaks to buy a new expensive phone.

We will see another firmware before a new iPhone is released. More than likely sometime in March. That's what I am going with.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I put 2.3 assuming that 2.2.1 wouldn't happen as 0.0.x are usually for bug fixes and there aren't any bugs I've heard about with 2.2. So anyone that thinks it will be 2.2.1 vote for the date here as I'm just wondering when people think the next release will be out.

Not sure if someone already replied to this. But there is a bug. When you save photos through email, or off the web (or when taken with camera apps) they show up all blurry in your album.
This needs fixed.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not sure if someone already replied to this. But there is a bug. When you save photos through email, or off the web (or when taken with camera apps) they show up all blurry in your album.
This needs fixed.

I've never seen this issue and I save images all the time from emails and the web.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
This needs fixed.

This doesn't normally happen to me, but when using my phone as a boarding pass and using the save option, which is just a big image that you can tap and hold to save to the library, it was really blurry. I believe the issue was not with the phone though, just that the picture was very low on pixels.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I noticed that happened to me as well when I would receive an email of photos taken from another iPhone and sent to me through that iPhone. :(

After switching to MobileMe however, I have not had that issue at all. Weird.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
We had a winner on the When Will Apple poll and I moved the 2.3 or next update poll over to 2.2.1 and have cleared the 2.3 or next update so get to voting again for a chance to win :)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I doubt it, but you never know. I still have the feeling that we won't see any more updates before the next iPhone 3rd gen comes out with a firmware 3.0 update. If anything it would be a 2.2.2, but I even doubt that at this point.

I hope I'm wrong, but going with my gut feeling.

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
I work in an o2 store in the UK, a few weeks ago I was all excited because it looked like we had run out of 3G iPhones for the first time since launch, when that happened with the 2G it was because it was being phased out. No such luck :( I was heartbroken when our delivery came in!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I work in an o2 store in the UK, a few weeks ago I was all excited because it looked like we had run out of 3G iPhones for the first time since launch, when that happened with the 2G it was because it was being phased out. No such luck :( I was heartbroken when our delivery came in!

Yeah, it's too early. When it happens in June then you should be excited. :)

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
WAY too early at that. What I want to see is all the reactions if there is no new phone come that time...

I think what you mean is "interested" to see. Because I really doubt you "want" there to not be something new and exciting come June. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73