iPhone 2.3 Firmware Release Date?

When do you think iPhone 2.3 firmware is coming?

• January

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • February

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • March

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • April

Votes: 25 33.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else getting the feeling that 2.2 was the last iPhone update in the iPhone 3g era? No rumors of a beta in devs hands yet???

Seems like they are adding a lot of features in preparation for a 3.0 release that will probably come out like 2.0 did with a new iPhone.

I think Apple just got things under control like it used to be (ex. not much rumors can escape anymore), and they are cooking something nice under the hood.

But who knows, maybe you are right.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
June/July? Agh :(, I don't want to have to wait months for these features that should have already been included with the phone!

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i'm fairly new here, and with my iphone, so i dont know how often these firmwares are released. i do know of some things that i already kinda miss from my bold though. push email would be nice, but i actually became a slave to it in a way, i'm kinda liking not having my phone go off every few minutes with a new email from a forum or something. i would like the mms as all apparantly have wanted, as well as the landscape keyboard option in any app, sms or email. and the thing i really wish was that i could change the email, and sms ringers to something custom. sometimes i find myself not even hearing my email notification with the phone right next to me. and the sms notifications could just use some personal touches. besides that (and even with that) i'm as happy as can be!:D

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I believe MobileMe solves that push problem...although, I don't see that as its purpose. MobileMe has many other great features but that is one of the few.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This is a good question... You would think beta firmware would be in developers hands by now but as of now we have heard nothing. As for push notifications don't be shocked if we don't see that until the next iPhone.

solidlick

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone with sucky bluetooth connections?

I wonder why so few have posted complains regarding extremely bad connection when connecting a bt headset to the Ipgone 3G 2.2. The connection sucks at most and the callreceiver has problems hearing me.

Anyone with these bad experience? I have found so called "BT fix" on various forums but they all seems like petty workarounds, that actually won't work!

Does Apple have the possibility to improve this via a firmware update or is it just bad hw?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I wonder why so few have posted complains regarding extremely bad connection when connecting a bt headset to the Ipgone 3G 2.2. The connection sucks at most and the callreceiver has problems hearing me.

Anyone with these bad experience? I have found so called "BT fix" on various forums but they all seems like petty workarounds, that actually won't work!

Does Apple have the possibility to improve this via a firmware update or is it just bad hw?

I have the Apple BT headset and a new Jawbone. Neither have issues.

solidlick

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
ok...

The Jawbone is rather pricy but have read a lot of bad reviews of the apple bt?

And the callreceiver has confirmed the nice quality? I just bought a Jabra jx10 and normally it's a very solid headset with high quality on every phone i had...just not the Iphone :mad:

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am using Plantronics Voyager 520 and no issues here. Connection never drops and voice quality is pretty good.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
well you also have to think steve jobs had a list of priorities he wanted fixed before any major new features were added into the OS. and with him taking a medical leave of absense that could slow things down a bit unless the guy running the show at apple gives us consumers what we want. Or it could very well be that apple has quieted the developers from talking about the new firmware updates and they are cooking up something big for us iphone faithful.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
well you also have to think steve jobs had a list of priorities he wanted fixed before any major new features were added into the OS. and with him taking a medical leave of absense that could slow things down a bit unless the guy running the show at apple gives us consumers what we want. Or it could very well be that apple has quieted the developers from talking about the new firmware updates and they are cooking up something big for us iphone faithful.

You may be right about Apple controlling a leak about the firmware - but seriously, someone would have opened their mouth. It's bound to happen. Can only hope something gets dropped sooner rather than later.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Can only hope something gets dropped sooner rather than later.
My latest thinking was that the next release would be a 3.0 with iPhone 3.0, but since they had issues last time by grouping the launching of iPhone 3g, software update for 1st gen, and mobile me which caused problems with mobile me and activation/update servers. So that makes me think they may want to release a 2.3 update with push notification (and maybe a few other things) before a 3.0 firmware with a 3rd gen iPhone. This way they wouldn't have to worry about a launch of a new iPhone and firmware on top of managing live push servers.

But at the same time I also think if something was released to developers we would have heard something by now. I mean at the least we would hear that something is out there.

So basically I have no f'n clue anymore :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2