View Poll Results: When do you think iPhone 2.3 firmware is coming?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • January

9 12.16%
  • February

18 24.32%
  • March

22 29.73%
  • April

25 33.78%
    i'm fairly new here, and with my iphone, so i dont know how often these firmwares are released. i do know of some things that i already kinda miss from my bold though. push email would be nice, but i actually became a slave to it in a way, i'm kinda liking not having my phone go off every few minutes with a new email from a forum or something. i would like the mms as all apparantly have wanted, as well as the landscape keyboard option in any app, sms or email. and the thing i really wish was that i could change the email, and sms ringers to something custom. sometimes i find myself not even hearing my email notification with the phone right next to me. and the sms notifications could just use some personal touches. besides that (and even with that) i'm as happy as can be!
    01-14-2009 02:04 AM
    Push works with Exchange, Ymail, and Mobile Me. I use Ymail as a push FWD from my gmail account so you can get push again if you feel the urge
    01-14-2009 11:22 AM
    I believe MobileMe solves that push problem...although, I don't see that as its purpose. MobileMe has many other great features but that is one of the few.

01-15-2009 09:11 PM
    hopefully its better than 2.2
    01-18-2009 01:45 PM
    Yes, they should definitely deliver on some of their promised features which we iPhone owners have yet to see.
    01-18-2009 07:55 PM
    This is a good question... You would think beta firmware would be in developers hands by now but as of now we have heard nothing. As for push notifications don't be shocked if we don't see that until the next iPhone.
    01-18-2009 11:02 PM
    It's a good thing I wont be shocked if we don't see it until the next iPhone.

I just hope that means June/July :o
    01-19-2009 11:58 AM
    It's a good thing I wont be shocked if we don't see it until the next iPhone.

I just hope that means June/July :o
    One would think it would be around then. But you never know. Only time will tell for sure.
    01-19-2009 12:33 PM
    I wonder why so few have posted complains regarding extremely bad connection when connecting a bt headset to the Ipgone 3G 2.2. The connection sucks at most and the callreceiver has problems hearing me.

Anyone with these bad experience? I have found so called "BT fix" on various forums but they all seems like petty workarounds, that actually won't work!

Does Apple have the possibility to improve this via a firmware update or is it just bad hw?
    01-20-2009 05:24 PM
    I wonder why so few have posted complains regarding extremely bad connection when connecting a bt headset to the Ipgone 3G 2.2. The connection sucks at most and the callreceiver has problems hearing me.

Anyone with these bad experience? I have found so called "BT fix" on various forums but they all seems like petty workarounds, that actually won't work!

Does Apple have the possibility to improve this via a firmware update or is it just bad hw?
    I have the Apple BT headset and a new Jawbone. Neither have issues.
    01-20-2009 05:29 PM
    The Jawbone is rather pricy but have read a lot of bad reviews of the apple bt?

And the callreceiver has confirmed the nice quality? I just bought a Jabra jx10 and normally it's a very solid headset with high quality on every phone i had...just not the Iphone
    01-20-2009 05:37 PM
    I am using Plantronics Voyager 520 and no issues here. Connection never drops and voice quality is pretty good.
    01-20-2009 06:31 PM
    well you also have to think steve jobs had a list of priorities he wanted fixed before any major new features were added into the OS. and with him taking a medical leave of absense that could slow things down a bit unless the guy running the show at apple gives us consumers what we want. Or it could very well be that apple has quieted the developers from talking about the new firmware updates and they are cooking up something big for us iphone faithful.
    01-21-2009 12:38 AM
    well you also have to think steve jobs had a list of priorities he wanted fixed before any major new features were added into the OS. and with him taking a medical leave of absense that could slow things down a bit unless the guy running the show at apple gives us consumers what we want. Or it could very well be that apple has quieted the developers from talking about the new firmware updates and they are cooking up something big for us iphone faithful.
    You may be right about Apple controlling a leak about the firmware - but seriously, someone would have opened their mouth. It's bound to happen. Can only hope something gets dropped sooner rather than later.
    01-21-2009 11:21 AM
    Can only hope something gets dropped sooner rather than later.
    My latest thinking was that the next release would be a 3.0 with iPhone 3.0, but since they had issues last time by grouping the launching of iPhone 3g, software update for 1st gen, and mobile me which caused problems with mobile me and activation/update servers. So that makes me think they may want to release a 2.3 update with push notification (and maybe a few other things) before a 3.0 firmware with a 3rd gen iPhone. This way they wouldn't have to worry about a launch of a new iPhone and firmware on top of managing live push servers.

But at the same time I also think if something was released to developers we would have heard something by now. I mean at the least we would hear that something is out there.

So basically I have no f'n clue anymore
    01-21-2009 01:38 PM
    My latest thinking was that the next release would be a 3.0 with iPhone 3.0, but since they had issues last time by grouping the launching of iPhone 3g, software update for 1st gen, and mobile me which caused problems with mobile me and activation/update servers. So that makes me think they may want to release a 2.3 update with push notification (and maybe a few other things) before a 3.0 firmware with a 3rd gen iPhone. This way they wouldn't have to worry about a launch of a new iPhone and firmware on top of managing live push servers.

But at the same time I also think if something was released to developers we would have heard something by now. I mean at the least we would hear that something is out there.

So basically I have no f'n clue anymore
    I really think and was hoping that with the new iPhone we will see a revamped OS. So... that said I still think we may get a few more firmware updates from now until July. And maybe more depending on when the new iPhone is released.
    01-21-2009 01:41 PM
    Well i see three cases of the story. 1. The Apple developers are in tight leash and a leak from a developer would have consequences. 2. The forthcoming release 2.3 has'nt got any news yet because of Jobs leave of absences. 3. There ain't a forthcoming release because the next release is a new Iphone that fixes some of the rather braindead floors (mms, forward sms, send contact, crappy bt etc.) and of course that will force us gadget freaks to buy a new expensive phone.
    01-22-2009 03:04 AM
    Well i see three cases of the story. 1. The Apple developers are in tight leash and a leak from a developer would have consequences. 2. The forthcoming release 2.3 has'nt got any news yet because of Jobs leave of absences. 3. There ain't a forthcoming release because the next release is a new Iphone that fixes some of the rather braindead floors (mms, forward sms, send contact, crappy bt etc.) and of course that will force us gadget freaks to buy a new expensive phone.
    We will see another firmware before a new iPhone is released. More than likely sometime in March. That's what I am going with.
    01-22-2009 10:46 AM
    Yeah, I put 2.3 assuming that 2.2.1 wouldn't happen as 0.0.x are usually for bug fixes and there aren't any bugs I've heard about with 2.2. So anyone that thinks it will be 2.2.1 vote for the date here as I'm just wondering when people think the next release will be out.
    Not sure if someone already replied to this. But there is a bug. When you save photos through email, or off the web (or when taken with camera apps) they show up all blurry in your album.
    This needs fixed.
    01-22-2009 11:51 PM
    Not sure if someone already replied to this. But there is a bug. When you save photos through email, or off the web (or when taken with camera apps) they show up all blurry in your album.
    This needs fixed.
    I've never seen this issue and I save images all the time from emails and the web.
    01-23-2009 12:06 AM
    This needs fixed.
    This doesn't normally happen to me, but when using my phone as a boarding pass and using the save option, which is just a big image that you can tap and hold to save to the library, it was really blurry. I believe the issue was not with the phone though, just that the picture was very low on pixels.
    01-23-2009 11:33 AM
    I noticed that happened to me as well when I would receive an email of photos taken from another iPhone and sent to me through that iPhone.

After switching to MobileMe however, I have not had that issue at all. Weird.
    01-24-2009 01:09 AM
    We had a winner on the When Will Apple poll and I moved the 2.3 or next update poll over to 2.2.1 and have cleared the 2.3 or next update so get to voting again for a chance to win
    01-27-2009 05:20 PM
    man i hope it comes out this month,
    02-04-2009 12:44 PM
    I doubt it, but you never know. I still have the feeling that we won't see any more updates before the next iPhone 3rd gen comes out with a firmware 3.0 update. If anything it would be a 2.2.2, but I even doubt that at this point.

I hope I'm wrong, but going with my gut feeling.
    02-04-2009 01:49 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD