Incoming Call Pic's

Jdub

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Can anybody tell me how do the following....

On iPhone commercials it always ends with an incoming call and you will see the earth background and also a small photo of the individual calling as well as there name etc...

Does anybody know how to make the pic small when you assign photos to contacts??? Whenever I assign my photos and I receive an incoming call the pic takes up the whole background. I would love to know how to make it to look just like in the iPhone commercials when I receive calls. Please guide me!!:)

Thanks a mill!!

Jdub

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah, you either have to use a Exchange account or add pictures via outlook and then sync to your phone. You get full sized contact pictures only if you select them from the phone itself.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
Thats kinda dumb! Yet another thing I wish could be changed in settings. I hate the big photo thing, but I can't change it as I sync my contacts to Windows Addressbook (XP currently) because I don't use Outlook. Do small contact photos work if you add the photo to a Vista Contact Card then sync or is it through Outlook only?

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Thats kinda dumb! Yet another thing I wish could be changed in settings. I hate the big photo thing, but I can't change it as I sync my contacts to Windows Addressbook (XP currently) because I don't use Outlook. Do small contact photos work if you add the photo to a Vista Contact Card then sync or is it through Outlook only?

I have been curious about this for a while as well. I really want my contact pics to show up the way they do in the commercial (small in the top-right corner with the wallpaper still on display).

I know on Macs it works by simply adding a photo from the mac into address book. I am using Vista and I will test out if it works by adding a photo to someone's contact card. I will know by sometime tomorrow if it works :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have been curious about this for a while as well. I really want my contact pics to show up the way they do in the commercial (small in the top-right corner with the wallpaper still on display).

I know on Macs it works by simply adding a photo from the mac into address book. I am using Vista and I will test out if it works by adding a photo to someone's contact card. I will know by sometime tomorrow if it works :confused:

Like I said, just add it via Outlook and sync over to phone.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I understood very clearly what you said sir. I wanted to test out the way I have read about over the web, which was using the contact card.

@combatdoc: Using Windows Contacts on Vista did not work to get the small contact picture when someone is calling. :mad: lol

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I understood very clearly what you said sir. I wanted to test out the way I have read about over the web, which was using the contact card.

@combatdoc: Using Windows Contacts on Vista did not work to get the small contact picture when someone is calling. :mad: lol

It *should* work as well, maybe not, as I have not tried that myself.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well in my first and only attempt, using Windows Contacts on Vista did not work. Oh well.

Like you said, ;), Outlook works just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW