Getting iPhone, Need PIM sync advice

aathomas

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well it looks like my quest to replace my aging Samsung Blackjack has come to a close, with the decision going to the iPhone over the BB Bold. Now come the hard part, I need advice on PIM syncing. I had been using hosted exchange for a will (Microsoft Online Services, you and your 5 account minimum purchase) and so switched my domain to google apps.

What I would like to accomplish is ota sync of contacts and calendar. I have been looking at either another hosted exchange or perhaps mobileme, the problem with them being that I have my own domain and want to use that.

Has anyone had any success with getting their stuffed synced to google neatly, I know using nuevasync and wm6 my contacts are not coming out right.

Anyone have any advice for this wimmob convert-to-be?

Alex

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
From one WM-to-iPhone convert to another. The first thing you should do is sync your PIM from your BlackJack to Outlook on your PC. This way your first iPhone sync will put everything on the iPhone.
As far as Hosted Exchange if all you need in OTA PIM then check out MobileMe as it is probably more cost effective. I believe you can use your own domain with MobileMe. If you need more features there are many others to choose from.

Last edited:

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Also, look into mail2web...free exchange syncing, although I not sure about having your own domain name.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices