How do I connect my iphone to a new compute but keep my notes/bookmarks?

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Until now I have been syncing my iphone for both data and music with my home pc. Now I want to start syncing both data and music with my work pc. Note: I am not trying to copy my music off the iphone - I know you can't do that. I'm happy to replace my music library with that on my work pc. The issue is if I just reset the phone and sync with my work pc, that will work for music, but I don't want to lose my old PIM data. So my question is, how do I start syncing exclusively with my work pc without losing the PIM data (not music - I know I can't keep that) I already have on the phone?

Thanks!
Pinny

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Not exactly sure how to answer this, but I do know you can pick and choose what you want to sync. So if you make sure to only check music then it shouldn't erase/replace anything else.

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
yup - that's what I'm trying to do. I can't figure out how to tell it that though. I didn't see any option to ditch the old music and instead sync with the new pc's music.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
yup - that's what I'm trying to do. I can't figure out how to tell it that though. I didn't see any option to ditch the old music and instead sync with the new pc's music.

After you plug in the phone there is several tabs where you can check off if you want photos to sync, contacts, calendar, etc.

Once you check that you want to do music and then press the Sync button at the bottom right of iTunes it should give you a warning about replacing your music library on the phone and then click ok and that should be it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2